| Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger
- Playstation (PSX)
| Release Date
|| December 8, 1994
|| ESRB: T
The First True Interactive Movie for your Home PC
Professionally scripted and filmed in Hollywood, ORIGIN's multi-million dollar production combines the entertainment of film-making with the interactivity of computer gaming. The result is a spectacular spaceflight adventure.
Adrenaline, romance, humor, danger — Wing Commander III has all this and more. This sequel completes the turbulent chronicles of the Terran-Kilrathi war. The final showdown takes place on one of the homeworlds — Earth or Kilrah. But only you can write the ending ...
- Ensemble cast features Mark Hamill, John Rhys-Davies, Malcolm McDowell, Tom Wilson, Jason Bernard and Ginger Allen.
- Interact with characters to control plot, conversation path and ending.
- Fifty intense missions — each with photorealistic, 3-D space combat.
- Full 16-bit digital soundtrack for cinematics, plus general MIDI support and digitized speech for space combat.
- 32-bit computer technology fully utilizes the power of your 486 or Pentium™.
- Explore SGI-rendered virtual sets in both VGA and SVGA.
- Invisible cockpit view, 3-D navigation system, stealth technology, instant missions and more.
- Pilot five distinct fighters, armed with fully configurable weaponry.
- Play directly from CD — over 3 hours of live-action video, plus dozens of hours of gameplay.
Computer. Wing Commander III requires at least an IBM 486/50+ MHz or 100% compatible system, and MS-DOS version 5.0 or higher. Pentium™ machines are also supported and recommended for SVGA gameplay.
Video Card. VGA, or VESA-compliant SVGA (640x480)
Hard Drive. You must have a minimum of 20 MB free on your hard drive to install and play this game.
CD-ROM Drive. You must have at least a double-speed CD-ROM drive with a transfer rate of 300,000 bytes/second or higher.
Mouse. Wing Commander III requires a Microsoft or 100% compatible mouse using Microsoft software driver version 7.0 or higher or 100% compatible software driver.
Memory. Wing Commander III uses 360K (368,640 bytes) of conventional RAM (base memory) and 7000K (7,168,000 bytes) of either extended memory (XMS) or expanded memory (EMS). You must have a minimum of 8 megabytes of RAM installed in your machine. We recommend using an XMS setup for machines with only 8 megs RAM, and either an XMS or EMS setup for machines with more than 8 megs RAM.
- (4) CDs (your game!)
- Install Guide (24 pp.) with installation, directions for Creating a Floppy Boot Disk (p. 9), configurations for a variety of memory management systems (p. 9), Troubleshooting answers to possible problems (p. 13), a brief simulator Tutorial (p. 18), and Option Screen information (p. 24)
- Victory Streak Manual (48 pp.) that gives you a personalized account of the Victory, its crew and the history of the Terran-Kilrathi conflict through e-mail, articles and general information pieces.
- Playguide (32 pp.) that tells you how to play the game and set different game options.
- Reference Card (2 pp.) that lists all keyboardm, mouse and joystick commands in the game.
- Registration Card — we'd love to know who you are!
- Catalogs and other advertising, describing the worlds of gaming opportunities EA provides.
Higher quality video, full color VDUs, alternate mission layouts (i.e., different enemies at different points) and generally a mode 'arcade' sense. Pre-rendered video segments replace ground missions. Includes a few new ships and gun platforms.
Same as the PC release.
Surprisingly similar to the original PC version. Has some video sequences added (news reports).
Patches / Addons
High Quality MIDI Recordings
Thanks to Mad Hatter. (Details, More)
Manuals and Game Documentation
PC & Macintosh
Toggle Afterburner `
Fire guns Space
Fire missile Enter
Full speed ~
Full stop Backspace
Match target speed Y
Look left F2
Look right F3
Look forward F1
Look behind F4
Display rear turret in left VDU Ctrl-F4
Chase view F5
Battle view F6
Tactical view F7
Missile camera F8
Victim camera F9
Track camera F10
Cycle weapons M
Cycle guns G
Full guns F
Drop decoy E
Syncronize guns Ctrl-G
Select all hardpoints B
Cycle targets T
Cycle turrets R
Disable Auto-Tracking Ctrl-A
Disable Smart-Targeting Ctrl-S
Auto-slide Caps Lock
Toggle Auto-slide /
Lock target L
Damage HUD D
Shield HUD S
Weapons HUD W
Comms select C
Nav Map N
Power menu P
Decrease power to selected component [
Increase power to selected component ]
Lock power to selected component Ctrl-[
Options Menu Alt-O
Afterburner L + R
Fire guns C
Fire missile A
Accelerate B + Up
Decelerate B + Down
Invisible Cockpit Pause + B
Chase view Pause + C
Cycle weapons L + A
Cycle guns L + C
Drop decoy R + C
Cycle targets R + A
Jump L + B
Cloak L + A to select device, A to activate
Auto-slide Caps Lock
Damage HUD D
Shield HUD S
Weapons HUD W
Comms select Hold R + B, press up/down to select. Release to send.
Nav Map Pause
Eject A + B + C
Afterburner L2 + R2
Fire guns Circle
Fire missile Square
Full stop X + L1 + L2
Cycle weapons L1 + Square
Cycle guns L1 + Circle
Cycle targets L1 + X
Lock targets L1 + Triangle
Autopilot L1 + L2 + R1 + R2
Comms select Select + Left/Right
Nav Map Select + L2
Eject L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 + Select + Start
Cloak L1 + R2
- In flight, press Alt-O.
- Select invincibility.
- Start the game with "wc3 -mitchell" at the command line to enter debug mode.
Talkin' Bout My (High) Resolution (WC3 Video Clips)
Tolwyn has been busy in his video encoding lab: he's also made available new, higher resolution versions of many of the Wing Commander III 'lost scenes'! Here's the list:
Empire of Kilrah
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger"
The following 11 pages are in this category, out of 11 total.