Maneuver (card type)
[[Maneuver (card type)|Maneuver] is a type of card used by the Wing Commander Collectible Trading Card Game. The set includes forty six cards, twenty four Terran and twenty two Kilrathi.
Type specifications from the Wing Commander Collectible Trading Card Game Manual:
- Each Maneuver card represents a tactic used in combat to gain the upper hand against an opponent. Maneuver cards are not unique.
- Maneuver cards may modify the Attack, Support, Maneuver and/or Defense Values of the Fighter card, or modify battle conditions at that Nav Point according to the information on the card.
- Maneuver cards are played only during the Combat Phase, and only when enemy fighters are engaged.
- Maneuver cards are played on friendly fighters only.
- You are not required to play maneuver cards.
- Maneuver cards have a Maneuver Cost below the word Maneuver on the card. To play the card, the Maneuver Value of the Flight upon which the card is played must be equal to or greater than the Maneuver Cost of the card, at the time the card is played.
- Maneuver cards are discarded at the end of the combat in which they are played.
- No Flight may play two or more of the same Maneuver card in the same battle.
- Some Maneuver cards negate effects of other cards. These cards will negate a Maneuver card played previously or can be used to prevent the playing or that card later in that combat. Maneuver cards that negate other Maneuver cards can be played without the other Maneuver card being present effectively preventing their play.