Category:Wing Commander Movie
|Personal Log, Commander James "Paladin" Taggart
Commander, Merchant Ship Diligent
March 15th, 2654 - Strange things have been happening lately. Just today, I was requisitioned to transport two recent Naval Academy graduates to their first flight assignments aboard the Confed carrier Tiger Claw. En route, however, these two rookies, pilots Christopher Blair and Todd Marshall, received a Code One secure communication from Geoffrey Tolwyn, Admiral of the whole damn Navy! Turns out that Tolwyn wants these two kids to personally deliver an encrypted comm chip directly to the Tiger Claw's commanding officer. Now, I've seen a lot of things during my time in space, but sending such a critical communication with two rookies...???
This milk run just got a little more interesting.
ABOUT THE FILM
Starship Troopers meets Top Gun in this no-holds-barred battle on the far reaches of space. A vicious alien race, the Kilrathi, has discovered the coordinates to Earth and is heading there with plans for total destruction. Now all that stands between Earth and this new breed of enemy are two young hotshot fighter pilots and their elite fighter squadron on the battleship Tiger Claw. It's an all-out race against time as they engage the Kilrathi in a final desperate attempt to prevent them from reaching Earth space - and obliterating all mankind.
WHERE TO WATCH
CLICK HERE to see details about the various DVD releases of the Wing Commander film
BEHIND THE SCENES
"One key point that Roger made in his talk was that - cinematic and tv lighting directors have the power to decide on the colour palette of the piece and to share that with the audience. He recounted his experience of working on the film 'Wing Commander' where the LD decided that the good guys would be lit in blue, battle scenes would be lit in red, and the aliens would be lit in ... you guessed it green."
"Roger spent two days filming in the green light and explained that contrary to what he'd been taught that green is a calming colour, he had found that he'd become more agitated the longer he'd spent immersed in green light only. LD's spend a lot of time looking at light and its effects but seldom spend time immersed in it."
Both Wing Commander and Retrograde, a 2004 direct-to-video action movie starring Dolph Lundgren, were produced in Luxembourg by the Carousel Picture Company, which apparently decided to recycle some of Chris Roberts' sets and props--the Tiger's Claw flight deck, Rapiers, marine rifles and armor and so on--to decorate post-apocalyptic Los Angeles circa 2204.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
- ► Wing commander movie images (16 C, 12 F)
- ► Wing Commander Movie Press (35 P, 6 F)
- ► Wing Commander Movie Trailers (11 P)
Pages in category "Wing Commander Movie"
The following 22 pages are in this category, out of 22 total.
- Wcmovie.com website text
- Wing Commander Electronic Press Kit
- Wing Commander Movie - DVD Details
- Wing Commander Movie - DVD screenshot comparisons
- Wing Commander Movie - Edible Rice Clip
- Wing Commander Movie - Pixel Bunny Clip
- Wing Commander Movie Posters
- Wing Commander Movie Production Notes
- Wing Commander Movie Script First Draft
- Wing Commander Movie Script Second Draft
- Wing Commander Movie Script Third Draft
- Wing Commander Movie Shooting Script
- Wing Commander Movie Soundtrack
- Wing Commander Movie Style Book
- Wing Commander Movie Universe Map
- Wing Commander Region 1 DVD booklet