| Wing Commander: Armada
| Release Date
|| September 22, 1994
| CD Label
The life of a seasoned starfighter pilot isn't all glory and adventure. After years of following orders and losing ships and friends, you are now the sole commander, responsible for heading up a momentous strike against your enemy's homeland - either the Empire of Kilrah or the heart of the Confederation. This war requires real strategy, not just hotshot piloting, and you have to determine where to fight, how to fight, and what ships will get the job done. In Wing Commander Armada, you have the freedom to build your own universe, your own missions and your own campaign.
Never play the same game twice as you explore, fortify and mine hundreds of planets in an infinite number of randomly generated universes
Maximize your field of vision by flying in invisible cockpit mode
Pit yourself against a sinister computer, or use a modem or network to combat a player across the country
- Choose from 3 levels of play - intense dogfight scenarios, strategic search-and-destroy battles, or extended campaigns to destroy an opposing home world.
- Pit yourself against a friend, computer, or with a friend against the computer - via modem or network.
- Live life on the edge as a topnotch Terran or Kilrathi pilot and fly up to 10 different ships.
- Customize taunts and controls with Armada's built-in audio file integrator and keyboard configuration utility.
- Carefully plot tactical moves to stop your enemy cold - but beware, the tides of war may swiftly turn your next move into your last!
- Computer - Wing Commander Armada CD requires at least an Intel486/33+ MHz or 100% compatible system with MS-DOS version 5.0 or higher and a double speed CD-ROM drive.
- Network - Network play requires NetBIOS. (Novell networks also require IPX.COM.)
- Modem - Modem play requires a 9600-baud or faster modem (16550 UART Alpha Chip recommended).
- Serial Card - 16550 UART Alpha chip recommended for external modem play.
- Video Card - VGA video card (VESA local bus or PCI recommended).
- Hard Drive - You must have a minimum of 3 megabytes of free hard drive space (13 megs for 4 meg systems) on your hard drive to install and play this game.
- CD-ROM drive - You must have a double-speed CD-ROM drive with MS-DOS CD-ROM extension 2.1 or higher required. (We recommend 350 milliseconds or faster seek time.)
- Joystick (Optional) - We highly recommend playing with a joystick for the best Wing Commander Armada CD experience.
- Mouse - Wing Commander Armada CD requires a Microsoft or 100% compatible mouse using Microsoft software driver version 7.0 or higher, Logitech software driver version 6.0 or higher, or 100% compatible software driver.
- Memory - Wing Commander Armada CD uses 560K of conventional RAM (base memory) and 2592K (4 meg machines) or 6144K (8 meg systems) of expanded memory (EMS). You must have a minimum of 4 megs RAM installed in your machine to install the game to your hard drive. You must have 8 megs RAM to play the game directly from the CD-ROM drive.
You must load NetBIOS to play over the network, as well as your mouse, sound and CD-ROM drivers.
US Release, CD-ROM Version
US Release, 3.5" HD Diskette Version
- Play Guide manual
- Voices of War manual
- Wing Commander Armada Reference Card
- Wing Commander Armada Install Guide
- Wing Commander Armada Strategy Guide advertisement
- Wing Commander III Is Your System Ready? advertisement
- New Releases from Origin catalog
- Origin's 1994 CD-ROM Exchange/Update Policy
- 3.5" HD Diskette (6)
Wing Commander Armada Manual & Voices of War (VEBE) (1.8 MB)
Note that the Armada VEBEs are an old alternative to PDF files that may take some tweaking to install on newer systems. VEBE (Vermont Electronic Book Engine) must be installed, and must be run under win 95/98 compatability mode in Windows XP.
- Wing Commander Armada Sell Sheet
Same as the PC release.
Same as the PC release. The PC98 was a Japanese computer that ran special versions of MS-DOS and Windows 95.
Origin contracted Windward Studios to port Wing Commander Armada to Windows 3.1. David Thielen completed the project but it was never released. His online resume states: "Ported Origin’s Wing Commander Armada from DOS to Windows. Increased the resolution form 320x200 to the screen resolution, limited only by the CPU speed." Wing Commander Armada for Windows has never been located; Mr. Thielen does not have a copy.
- Electronic Arts Presents CD-ROM Classics (US)
- Electronic Arts Presents (US)
- CD-ROM Classics (Europe)
Patches / Addons
Manuals and Game Documentation
Fire guns Space
Fire missile Enter
Full stop Backspace
Look left F2
Look right F3
Look forward F1
Look behind F4
Chase view F5
Battle view F6
Missile view F8
Cycle weapons W
Cycle guns G
Cycle targets T
Lock target L
Damage HUD D
Comms select C
Nav Map N
Empire of Kilrah
Empire of Kilrah
Mass Driver Cannon
Flux Cannon (Kilrathi)
Electron Gun (Kilrathi)
Plasma Gun (Kilrathi)
Ionic Pulse Cannon
Mass Accelerator Gun (Kilrathi)
Sonic Accelerator (Kilrathi)
Phase Blaster (Kilrathi)
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Wing Commander: Armada"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.