Category:Wing Commander: Fleet Action
|Wing Commander: Fleet Action|
|Author(s)||William R. Forstchen|
|Cover Artist||Paul Alexander|
|Language(s)|| English |
|Publication Date||March 1994|
Fleet Action had two print runs, the first in March 1994 and the second in May 1995. The second printing does not have the raised Wing Commander lettering on the cover. Fleet Action was included in Origin's '', and was also bundled with some copies of the regular 'Wing Commander III game in Canada.
- The Kilrathi Empire is in a bind. For the last five years they have
- been constructing a secret fleet so powerful that it will slice
- straight through to Earth and destroy the Confederation. There is
- a problem, however: the Confederation has become increasingly
- successful with its behind-the-line raids and the Prince fears that
- before the new fleet is ready, the Empire will be on the ropes.
- At a Kilrathi council of war a simple solution is agreed upon: sue
- for peace, lull the humans into disarming and then when all is
- ready, launch a surprise offensive.
- True to the tradition of democracies everywhere, the Confeder-
- ation falls for it; the military stands down. Luckily for the human
- race, however, there are a few people who don't trust soft words from a
- Kilrathi mouth. Admiral Tolwyn and his veterans must fight a de-
- laying action, buying time with their lives for humanity to make
- ready for the final battle....
Around The World
The German language edition, Wing Commander: Die Geheimflotte, was published by Bastei Lubbe Verlag in 1995.
- Etienne Montclair
- Geoffrey Tolwyn
- Harold Rodham
- Ian St. John
- James Taggart (senator)
- Janet McCullough
- Jason Bondarevsky
- A-14 Raptor
- CF-105 Scimitar
- F-44 Rapier II
- P-64 Ferret
- TCS Tarawa
- TCS Wake
- Wake-class escort carrier