Wing Commander 3 Coverage Expanded
This is also the time of year when we refresh our Background and Development Archive sections. These pages try to encapsulate all the useful or remarkable artifacts and bits of knowledge that we report on in our daily news updates, but can be difficult to keep track of over time. We hope these sections can be a good starting-off point for anyone just now wanting to learn about a classic Wing Commander game they found on GOG, or a more seasoned player wanting to research a certain topic in-depth. With the Wing Commander 3 anniversary coming up, this year's efforts focus on that title. Below you can find a birds eye overview of the new additions.
- Background: Essential (fan-created) tools and patches, noteworthy articles, manuals, Saturn and Jaguar port information.
- Game Design: Storyboards, the production book, the ESRB tape.
- Artwork: Various props you'll recognize, many sketches, mysterious ships left on the drawing board, things you can only see in the 3DO port, and Wing 3 inspired CCG card designs.
- Advertising: Early screenshots, interviews with cast or crew, magazine previews, press clippings, set visit photographs, miscellaneous swag.
- Manuals: A page that was cut from the Kilrathi Saga manual.
- Errata: A hidden stat screen and secret memory glitches.
Follow or Contact Us