Omicron Wing (Firekka System)
|Previous||Epsilon Wing II (Firekka System)|
|Next||Beta Wing (Firekka System)|
- Between the Tiger's Claw and Nav 1
- 2 Hhriss
- Nav 1
- Between Nav 1 and the Tiger's Claw
- 4 Dralthi
The Memoirs of Lieutenant Colonel Carl T. LaFong
At first, I wasn't sure I'd understood Halcyon's briefing. High Command had intercepted a vid-link from Captain Ralgha, a Kilrathi commander, asking for asylum on the carrier. The officer was willing to bring in a Fralthi and its 20-fighter escort. Pilots from the TCS Austin had already rendezvoused with the capital ship and placed a human crew at the helm.
Spirit and I, flying Raptors, were ordered to meet the enemy fleet at Nav 1 and escort them back to the carrier.
1. Two Hhriss attacked our wing 107,109 km from Nav 1.
2. Four Krant, one piloted by Drakhai, attacked our wing 8619 kilometers from Nav 1. During the fight, we sighted the Fralthi.
3. Two Krant, one a Drakhai pilot, attacked the Fralthi at Nav 1.
4. Rendezvous with Fralthi. Set speed to 90 KPS.
5. Three Dralthi, one piloted by Drakhai, attacked the Fralthi 88,158 kilometers from the carrier.
Our speed allowed us to gain position on the Hhriss and take them out with three shots each from our full guns at close range. The Krant who attacked as we met the Fralthi were much tougher.
It's always a good idea to stay with one target until it's destroyed, but when you're guarding a capital ship that tactic can backfire. We kept targeting whatever fighter was attacking the huge ship. It took longer to destroy the enemy, but it ensured that we could protect the prized Fralthi. I kept telling Spirit to attack my target to make sure she followed my lead. Full guns, image recognition, and heat-seeking missiles were our most valuable weapons.