We post a lot of interesting development documents and behind the scenes material in our daily news updates, but it can be difficult to keep track of them all. The goal of the Document Archive is to make it easier to research various aspects of Wing Commander's history by sorting those documents into specific categories. Over the years, the section has gotten a little bit dated, but for this year's birthday we kicked things off again by rounding up all the printed and digital advertisements we could find. Today's update continues the effort with a large number of scripts and story outlines. This includes various early drafts that sometimes differ wildly from the final product, and more finalized documents that have developer commentary written on them. There's even an outline for the ill-fated Privateer 3! You can find a quick overview of the additions below, or you can head straight for the archives and check under the various Scripts sections.
- Wing Commander 2: added story and character pitches.
- Wing Commander 3: the script from the behind the screens CD-ROM, wingmen dialog variations, and the main shooting script.
- Wing Commander 4: a draft script with significant differences, and the final script from Origin's old website.
- Wing Commander Prophecy: a beat outline and the second draft (both with team commentary), many mission-related documents (series overview, mission scripts, briefings and VDUs), and two scripts for the second filming unit.
- ...and finally a a script for Privateer 3, and an outline for a Privateer TV series (both cancelled).