What is your favorite carrier you served on ?

hmmm that definatley looked like the rec room to me, the party was down on the flight deck and Casey was in the rec room. Had it been his quarters I doubt stilleto could have just walked in

well wouldnt you let stiletto just walk into your quarters? i know i would ;)

i cant remember what it looked like, so it could well have been the rec room

[Edited by master_anarchist on 02-13-2001 at 12:19]

It was the rec room. You think confed give a 1st Lt such a big room, and have a strong drink on it ?

Such a big room to a 1st Lt? Never. This would be a little too much. I mean of course the Midway is big, but I believe even the Captain doesn't have such a big room...'Cause in the manual was said,6000 people live/work on it and they need place. So rooms for one person are just given to a few high-ranked officers( I believe pilots share rooms,or don't they?...So maybe Maestro and Casey could share a room,for example.

If they give every personel onboard a room like the rec room, it would be sure be a floating naval base...

The Midway is more than one kilometre long,or? Okay such a room to every officer...would make ??? (I hate math)...I say ten kilometres ( I know it is too less). But as I said I hate mathematics!

Hi,

For me, my favourite carrier was the Intrepid.

After that it would probably be either the Claw or Concordia.

The Midway we never saw enough of and I didn't like most of the crew of the Lady Lex.

(I first played WC1 on the Amiga then skipped to WC3 when I got my first PC and then backtracked through 1 & 2)

Cheers

They could make such quarters, but then the flight deck has to make room. But what's a carrier without fighters ? BTW, every time you launch in WCP i love to see my fighter being draged to the "catapult". The sound, the endless crane line...

Carrier Guts...

I would have to say that all the carriers had there good side and their bad side. Let me go over them in reverse order though.

-Midway-
This mega carrier was/is suppose to be the state of the art nothing comes close to it carrier with all the perks and priv's. However, it also has the greatest weakness in all the games. You take out it's engines and it's dead in the water. Then you only had to kill the bridge and bye-bye carrier. As far as inside designs, well It's a cross of the original 1st carrier Tiger's Claw and 3rd or is it the 4th carrier, the Victory. They try to show the depth of the carrier but I think they could have used the excess space in the carrier to beef up it's shields and armament. It needed more laser-point defense turrets with possible a few more missle turrets. I think this carrier is really in my mind a cross between frigate and a cruise ship.

-Vesuvius-/-Durango Class Carrier for border worlds (I forgot the name)-
ok first we will start with the Vesuvius. This ship had a decent build to it. Good shields, but weak guns. It needed more of an offenseive play to it. Of course, during game play of the game they mad it out to be a weak ass ship so you can continue with the story line. I think it had a solid frame which was built upon. It's strenghts lay in it's fighters and defensive abilities, but otherwise it was nothing.
2nd; the Durango class ship; It's basicly a copy of the vesuvius in a smaller frame, except the fact there is practicaly no offensive assault work for the carrier at all it's all rigged for defensive positions only. Which is fine if you trying to hold the line or guarding a major planet. But it is also it's major weakness.

-Victory-
Here is a solid ship with a rounded out frame work of offense and defenses. Just enough space in the guts of the ship to allow for minor upgrades and quick deployment. Upside that I see.. This would be a great ship for use as a training vessel to get new ship captains to understand the weakness of ships under their command so long as you keep the mod's coming and further weaken the vessel. Although it could use a few extra defensive turrets for anti-torpedo strikes in which one torpedo hit and boom, bye-bye carrier.

-Concordia-
Here is a ship that had a strong defense with a weak offense. It's always on the defense in the game due to sabatoge or dumbass command decisions. I mean come on, haven't they ever heard of backup systems. Plus I only saw one true gun that it had. and even then you had to be pointing the bow of the ship at your target. No offense, all defense.

-Tiger's Claw-
This ship is a sweet piece. You could take a fully loaded raptor full of dumbfire missles hit her and she would still stand up and swat you away like the nat you are. She had the offense and defense that is a must for all situations. (Call me a sucker for the classics But I liked this ship best) In the game you needed to be right next to her and cloaked and even then it took more than one fighter to hit her with it's fully loaded missle load to take her down. She had the teeth to rip out your jugular and shell of an armadillo that took the hits and still kept coming. When you flew off the carrier here you felt like you were going out of the den to find the den follow you and swat the annoing flies that were around you so you could complete your objective.

Now I realize that this is my opinion and that my opinion's are based off of the game play for the series. But hey what did you expect? That is how most of us got to know the different carriers. My overall opinion is I prefer the Tiger's Claw, (I'm a sucker for the classic's) to the other carriers.

quote:

"the Durango class ship; It's basicly a copy of the vesuvius in a smaller frame, except the fact there is practicaly no offensive assault work for the carrier at all it's all rigged for defensive positions only. Which is fine if you trying to hold the line or guarding a major planet. But it is also it's major weakness."

The Durango (if i may believe what i've heard) is nothing more then 2 Durango-Class Cruisers/Destroyers linked together then a hanger bay. And it doesn't even comes close to look like a vesuvius. It's a light carrier, so it's fast but cannot blockade something big. Every ship has his/her weakness.

The ideal ship does not exist. If you bulit such a ship,you have to make compromisses:If one part must become better, you have to take a little of the abilities of another one away...

LOAF how do you know this? It sure as hell looks like a brig to me and apart from that poster that maniac obviosuly would have given him after the attack being the type of person he is, there are no personal artifacts. If those were my quarters I'd be applying for an upgrade to the brig

But btw, the victory is the best. Has the best feeling, makes you feel at home, has the greatest caracters, the best fighters... etc

When you come onboard in the beginning, your on the flight deck. And then your hooked. After a missions i always search every (exept the briefing room) to talk to someone. And to check the killboard offcourse.

You can download the demo in the file directory of WCCIC, but it didn't work with me. Then you still got some of the exelent feeling of WC3

Back