What is your favorite carrier you served on ?

I would hope they had them just in case. Besides, wouldnt you want to inflict as much damage on them as possible even if your going to lose? Maybe especially if your going to lose? Hopefully reinforcments or another friendly ship would be near enough to take advantage of the damage and finish it off. Would even make it easier for fighters from another carrier to take it down.

Originally posted by Earthworm
One more thing, to dispute a previous claim, the Midway does not carry 2x the number of fighters of any other ship. the Vesuvii carry 400 in comparison to a Midway's 250

Then why is a Midway a MegaCarrier and a Vesuvius an supercarrier ?

Good question, iCe. Before I answer it though, can you tell me which is better? Mega or super? Because to be honest, I've never seen anybody compare those two words before :).

Both carriers are technically "Heavy Carriers" -- super and mega are the kinds of things they put in press releases to wow the public... <G>

I don't call the ICIS a press release. But Mega is more the Super (at least so I see it). But it seems logic that the Midway is more advanced, and carriers more craft. Also because the ICIS referse to it that it can act as an moving navel base.

In that case, the Midway is super and the vesuvius mega. But it's supposed to be bigger then a wartime capship (twice the size) wasn't it ?

They should copy the plasma weapon on the Midway and equip every carrier in the fleet with one!

RFBurns

"Fight hard, I long for a true challenge!" [Seether, WCIV]

It turned out to be a fire and forget remember...

But they will think of something to make it beter (like a machine gun hehehe). After all, they still have the data from the Kraken in WCP (unless they use Windows95... lol)

Confusing this al is. But then again, the midway carries 342 craft if i remember, wich is a aswome number. The advangtage of the midaway, is that is has not a central landing/lauch bay wich was disabled by the cat's many times (eg. Ranger Class)

The Midway class ships were not designed to be better than the vesuvii because they aren't, they carry fewer fighters, have fewer guns both anti capship and anti fighter, have less armor as well, and are slower and less manuverable, their only advantage is more powerful shields. The midway class ships were built to be AFFORDABLE replacements for the aging fleet carriers of the war era (i assume concordia class ships). The Vesuvii were not ment to be affordable, they were ment to be invincible, which while they are not they are still pretty good.

Maybe the Midway is smaller, because it carriers less fighters, but the are more advanced and better then the ones eg. a vesuvius in wc4

Originally posted by Quarto
It is definitely Casey's quarters, because if it was the brig, then he wouldn't ask Blair if he's there to arrest him :).

I know this is what LOAF says, and I wouldn't want to disagree with him, but I should think that it's obvious to anyone that the room is just the ready room. That makes a grand total of four room in WCP. We only see 'Casey's' room once, so why build a set just for that if they were so strapped for cash?

BTW, I haven't read the other threads yet, but I see Earthworm has reached General-hood. Does that make him moderator like you, Q? :)

Originally posted by Earthworm
Sansky who happened to be a Pilgrim traitor, was the CO of the Claw.

Waa! I know this is from the novel, but I thought he fought hard for Confed in the movie.

The traitor scenes *were* actually filmed, though -- and one test audience saw them.

And Earthworm *is* a moderator now.

Back