What is your favorite carrier you served on ?

My favorite carrier has to be the Midway. The hellcat, the Kilrathi, and ROllins as my comm officer. THat just topped it all off. Plus with the dark atmosphere because Earth was losin the war just really completed the look. And who doesn't like Vegabond playin cards, when Blair caught Flash sleeping during the attack, and when Maniac was looking at that magazine added some humor and anger to the scene (thing when the PRince killed angle, my fingers were ripping into my playstation controller when that happene). Plus the look at the Victory gives it that warship look. (It is not a brand new ship like the Midway). Plus it looks like a carrier. The lexington is also one of my favorties because of the look, and cause of Eisen's cain.

Originally posted by papachulo10
My favorite carrier has to be the Midway. The hellcat, the Kilrathi, and ROllins as my comm officer. THat just topped it all off. Plus with the dark atmosphere because Earth was losin the war just really completed the look. And who doesn't like Vegabond playin cards, when Blair caught Flash sleeping during the attack, and when Maniac was looking at that magazine added some humor and anger to the scene (thing when the PRince killed angle, my fingers were ripping into my playstation controller when that happene). Plus the look at the Victory gives it that warship look. (It is not a brand new ship like the Midway). Plus it looks like a carrier. The lexington is also one of my favorties because of the look, and cause of Eisen's cain.

Dude you just contradicted yourself. You said your favorite was the midway, yet you described all the things that went on aboard the Victory

Well, gotta say my favourite is the original and the best ... the Tiger's Claw. She had the best flight commander (Col. Halcyon - who else actually gives you permission to shoot Maniac!) and the best bartender.

After that I'd probably go for the Intrepid, then the Victory. While I liked the Concordia as a ship, she was always Tolwyn's vessel so I never felt 'at home' on her or comfortable with her crew.

TCS Concordia

The Concordia in my opinion, is the greatest of the Wing Commander Carriers. WC2 was the first WC Game I ever played and I deeply fell in love with her. I as well was heartbroken when I saw her sitting in the sea on Vespus.

I would love someone to continue her missions up to her destruction with a WCP mod.. :)

TCS Concordia
concordia@janrix.com

It seems to me that the ship that you flew off of when you first got real interested in WC will be the one thats your favorite. Like your favorite Enterprise, for those that have one. The first Wing Commander i played was WC1 on Sega CD for the Genesis. So the Claw is my favorite. I first got interested in Star Trek by the movies so that version is my favorite. Someone who played WC3 first will probably prefer the Victory as someone who saw ST: the next generation first will like the Enterprise-D more.

[Edited by Supdon3 on 02-12-2001 at 02:50]

MUWHAHAHAHAHAH

I think the Midway is my favorite Carrier(although it is SERIOUSLY under gunned(yeah it may have more guns than any other WC Carrier) but i STILL say its under gunned(ship that size with those few guns(she should atleast also have some Cap to Cap guns)(MY OPINION so please do not take any of this offensive))

Cerberus:
(btw man its litteral term was "Quick Strike Cruiser" basicly meaning jump in beat the pulp out of the enemy QUICKLY and get back out or continue on)

[Edited by StarSaint on 02-12-2001 at 07:19]

It's a carrier. It's really not supposed to go up directly against other capships, that's what fighters are for.

TC

Right. Even if they are not always able to make it..(had to think of some interesting internet battles where some squadrons were even killed in such a fight against an enemy carrier and its fighters).

Maybe it's just cos of the real sets, but I find it amusing how the Lexington looks older (at least in the briefing room) than old "Tin Can Sally."

Also, that was an interesting point. We need another bartender like Shotglass. Wonder what they did during red alerts though.

Connie

The Concordia's gotta be my favorite carrier. I must have played Wing Commander II 5 or six times through in the six months or so after I bought it, so that ship just feels like home now. I haven't played WC III or IV yet (but I just bought them both on E-bay, so, I will soon!=) ), but I did read the books, and I like the Intrepid too. I always have to root for the underdog.
Oh yeah, if you hadn't noticed, I'm new here. Hello everyone!

the intrepid. there was something about a group of renegades fighting for their lives against a much stronger enemy. plus you got to see a lot of the ship, well almost all of it, i would have thought.
the victory was pretty good too. only criticism is- why are lieutenants on the bridge? IIRC vaquero was on it at one point, and you see plenty in gunnery control. are lieutenants allowed on bridge?

the worst was the lexington, such a cold atmosphere. and midway wasnt much better. a supercarrier only has 4 rooms??? thats a new one. dont they ever sleep? and i know this was more a fault of the game than anything else, but there were so few movies that you felt you were not involved

WCP was more into flying and fighting then into an interactive movie. That's why there aren't so many rooms.

Midway had five room sets (rec room, ready room, briefing room, flight deck, Casey's quarters), which seemed like plenty (G)

Of course his room did not look very nice, even most of the ship didn't do (except from outside)..and there is even a website called "Statist at WC Prophecy"..do you know it?..there are photos of the studio and a report of the man..it was interesting to read!

It is just even the problem, that it is a german site (completely written in German)...but there is one photo of the Rec room...which is quite nice.I have looked up the adress: It is:
http://www.smudo.com/smudo/wc5.htm
And if there are still problems (I know there will be some with the language): I don't want to translate the whole text today,but I had no problem to translate the interesting passages.

rec room, ready room, briefing room, and flight deck check
but I didn't think we ever saw Casey's quarters I thought that room he was in (bouncing the ball at maniacs photo) was the brig.

caseys cabin is in the (winning) endgame movie. the bit where stiletto says "so hows confeds newest hero". at least i think thats his cabin, someone confirm it?
anyway, is there a losing movie for prophecy, i never bothered to lose every mission on purpose to see one

Back