What is your favorite carrier you served on ?

The Intrepid *was* the Border Worlds ship from WC4... the Confed one was the Lexington.

Other guy: What do you mean, where's the crew? EAT THE CORE!

Whoops! Never mind... as I've said. WC4 did not run very well on my computer and so it was long long ago I played it for the last time...and then I had to delete it from the computer..because it made my system instabil.And the book, I will still have to buy it. So it is too long ago.

Other than it being really powerful, what does everybody like in the midway that much, she only had 3 rooms and was in my opinion the second worst. Well since I have given my top 5 faves here are my top 5 worst carriers. #1 isthe worst
1. Lexington com'n with all that sh*t going on there nobody could like it.
2. cerberus
3. Midway
4. Ok well then I guess there are only 3 :(
5. No really only 3

Why I like the Midway? I do not know many ships...as you know and the crew of the Midway was the best of those. And Prophecy was my first WC game..and the atmosphere even if there were just 3 rooms was better than on the Lexington and the Intrepid (my opinion).

For the lex I agree, but my opinion must diverge from yours about the Intrepid, I got most connected to that crew and their plight for survival and their attempt to prevent war.

But the midway had no atmosphere, that was the point
It was just about the only carrier up against the bugs doing anything worth while and all those nice bright colors and brand new rooms didn't exactly convey the idea of kn'athrak (spelling) :)
Whereas the intrepid really did bring the battles to you :)
Anyone not like that about ST:Voyager, I like the series but they've been on their own for 7 years with no repair facilities, each battle a few consoles blow up and the next episode it all looks good as new. I'd think they'd be short on spare parts

I did not say the Intrepid was bad. But I got closer connected to the crew of the Midway.And as I said it was my opinion.

Ok I'll accept that, its just not a common opinion, most people (including myself) had trouble relating to many of the characters in WCP because there were so few cutscenes :(
We really do need the WCP saga continued though, I mean in a years time every PC will have DVD.
Just imagine DVD quality video, engine supporting 1280*1024, hell maybe even get back some of the things we lost like being able to target corvettes with torpedoes, tractor beams, land missions.
If I had my way blowing up components of a capship would disable it and do some damage but in order to destroy one you would have to target the main bulk of the ship :) That way it would blend in more with the old games anyway.
But I've gotten off track but for that matter so have EA and OSI!

well unfortunatley we can't bring you tractor beams or planet side missions (well with discussed the later for a later episode but its highly unlikely) but I think you'll find a few things that were missing from prophecy that were in previous games and one thing in paticular which is original to the wcuniverse

I know that I don't have a common opinion. But even... as I have said:I don't know many WC games, and I found WCP better than WC4...in some ways..and what can I do if even the first game I have bought was the cheapest they had produced..I lost my heart a little on it.. and if I would not have liked WCP I would not be here in your community...right? Of course I was also nerved because of the less cutscenes which often repeat..but then I bought WC4 and I have to say...I found P 'better' with what I do not wanna say WC4 is bad..

Sorry Napolean you'll have to wait for the release which may be a couple of months since all our mission programmers are a bit busy :) What I've seen so far won't disappoint though

First: It brought my computer in stress... second: Why did they let me the chance to join the Border World's Union,if they don't let me finish the game on this side, third: what are that for missions? Taking photos...for example, fourth: I did not like the crew as much as I liked it in P. Fifth:
the atmosphere on the Lexington was more than just bad.
Sixth: How could the one man just kill Capt. Peterson abroad the shuttle after I destroyed the Lexington? I didn't matter for the game..it was a little unrealistic...
Do you want me to continue? I did not say WC4 is bad, I just said it was not as good as P. It even had some positive aspects...the story was better, it was longer, and there were more shortcuts.But I did not have the fun I had with P. as I played it through.

You can only finish it on the BW side, the reason for giving you the option is you get to see a different set of missions in the middle of the game

Taking photos was for recon work, it added variety something I'm always glad of

I can not, CAN NOT let anyone say they preffered the crew on prophecy, in WC4 you had good actors, characters you'd known for some time, people you cared about, people whos deaths meant something to you. Yes prophecy had some good characters, personally I liked maestro and dallas (but they killed him off to quick) but finley was too young for intelligence, so was stilleto for squadron commander, hell they all were, very unrealistic.

We only stayed on the lexington for a little bit and what do you want from it, it was more detailed than any of the midways rooms

Sorry not one point there that I can agree with but then ofcourse its all opinion :)

Back