What is your favorite carrier you served on ?

Originally posted by iCe
Maybe the Midway is smaller, because it carriers less fighters, but the are more advanced and better then the ones eg. a vesuvius in wc4

Nope. The Midway carries fewer fighters because she also carries a division (? lots anyway) of marines + transports etc., has a sci & research division etc. So she basically fulfils the roll of carrier, troop transport and science vessel. Sortof a jack-of-all-trades but master of none.
Pros : Versatility, economy
Cons : Not as powerful as a 'specialized' vessel.

p.s. does anyone think it's weird that they preach that now it's peacetime the fighters can be more specialized, then turn round and do the opposite with their carrier?

First, the movie was not great but it did not "suck" and second we don't know if the traitor subplot would have been any better. And BTW I do find it weird they do opposite things for fighters and capital ships, personally I perfer the do all fighters like the Thunderbolt in WC3 or the Vindicator in WC4, both are fighters that can also kick some capship a**

How can it be their fault that the movie sucked, if the movie didn't suck?:)

The test audience found the scenes to confusing or something... I understand not showing them in theaters then, but what's the reason for not including them on the DVD?

Oh BTW, if anyone has the Confed Handbook, you can see Admiral Wilson in a space suit and with a Pilgrim Cross on the cover.

So, admiral wilson is a pilgrim as well? that is alot of confed brass that are pilgrims, for the pilgrims to be so despised. BTW when would the traitor parts of the movie happen if Sansky was killed in that battle while he commanded the ship?

Okay, so I forgot the smiley face. I thought the movie was resonable, considering the budget etc. I would have liked to have seen it with the traitor sub-plot left in, but then, I guess so would most WC fantatics. Perhaps it would have given the movie a bit more complexity and depth. But then again, maybe it would have just confused :).

Originally posted by Napoleon
So, admiral wilson is a pilgrim as well? that is alot of confed brass that are pilgrims, for the pilgrims to be so despised.
Yup, he's a Pilgrim as well.

BTW when would the traitor parts of the movie happen if Sansky was killed in that battle while he commanded the ship?
Sansky wasn't killed in the battle...just injured. After Gerald and Blair found out that Sansky is a traitor while on that Kilrathi ConCom ship, they took an escape pod from the Diligent and flew to the Claw. When they got to Sansky's room he had already taken some poison, and died shortly after he gave Tolwyn's ring to Blair so could give it back.

Its disturbing because a Confed ship was able to go traitor and kill so many innocent civilians in Confed space.

Ghost: That part about the Olympus at the end of the movie novel is like an introduction to Pilgrim Stars, the sequel to the movie novel.

BTW, I haven't read the other threads yet, but I see Earthworm has reached General-hood. Does that make him moderator like you, Q? :)
It certainly does :). So now all those evil SO-Episode-link-posting people have not one but two Moderators to watch out for.

TIGER'S CLAW

The Claw was the best! Old school maybe, but it was the first to get into our hearts, a true bond was created with future WC fans.
Man, I remember how good a colonel Halcyon was, way better than the guys that briefed you in WC II.

It's the same kind of affection link I got with Captain Eisen, another darn good ship captain!

Back