The one to end all.....

It's utterly idiotic to assume that, without evidence and with concrete proof otherwise, a fictional character is 'lying'.

Originally posted by pendell
I wonder -- if he had survived, might he and Blair have
become friends after the war? After all, Ralgha didn't
actively hate Blair -- he simply did his duty as best
he could, with as much honour as he could. After
the war, his honour might have compelled him to help
Melek rebuild the shattered Kilrathi empire, and he
and Blair might very well have been on the same side
again by the WC4 time frame.
I've wondered about that too. I know it's still wishful thinking, but, LOAF, Ralgha killed Blair's wingmates because he was still compelled to do so. It's still possible that after the final truce, Ralgha and Blair could have worked together.

Of course, Blair would have to reconcile himself with Ralgha too.

No, it would have been a stupid horrible cliche'd plot.

Don't you people know the difference between interesting and really really dumb?

Bringing back the dead = bad.

No, I think a meeting between Blair and Hobbes could have been very interesting. Some more of the over-coming of hatreds to work together and so.
Of course it would have been perhaps unrealistic, nevertheless I would have overlooked that if I got Hobbes back.
And clichés are very common in WC, so why not that one.

No -- Wing Commander doesn't bring people back from the dead... you make friends, they die and they're *gone*. Or they betray you and you *stay* betrayed. It's part of the game's appeal...

Why does Hobbes need to die, I thought once you killed thrakath you went down to the planet. Do you have to kill hobbes and thrakath before going down to the planet?

If you don´t kill Hobbes after the death of Cobra, when you go to KIlrah he is here with a Thunderbolt VII (before the trench run)

"No -- Wing Commander doesn't bring people back from the dead... you make friends, they die and they're *gone*."

Uh, hmm, tell that to knight, and bossman, who apparently survived there reported deaths from the WC the movie.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
It's utterly idiotic to assume that, without evidence and with concrete proof otherwise, a fictional character is 'lying'.
There is no need for "proof"... There are some things left to the interpretation of the player/viewer...
The Hobbes matter is IMO, one of them...

Everything is not always so "Black and white"...
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion... I'm not forcing mine on anybody, so why should you do it on me?

[Edited by mpanty on 04-28-2001 at 17:21]

Because mine isn't an "opinion", it's what we're rather specifically told.

"I think Hobbes is lying and that the novel just doesn't exist!" isn't an opinion, it's idiocy. And that's my opinion!

Not just your opinion, it's most likely fact. We ought to hire some scientists to prove this theory, though I'm sure noone'd doubt it.

Ok then... we go into the novel thingy again... :rolleyes:
See, I didn't read the novel yet...

You can't just expect people who don't read the novels, to know everything about what the game hasn't told you...

Without the novels, this "filling the gaps" work is left to our imagination, mind you... :)

In my POV All From the WCU is cannon *IF NOT* contradicts
the games, is easy the games comes first.

I assume that people who rant about how horrible it is that the novels are ruining their lives by saying that things they already know are true have, generally, the decency to have read the novel first. :)

And this has nothing to do with games versus novels or games versus games or robots versus penguins. Hobbes' holomessage says he had a personality overlay... SO HE DID.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Hobbes' holomessage says he had a personality overlay... SO HE DID.
NO!! If that's what Hobbes tells you... then I HAVE THE RIGHT to think he might be lying...

If the author of the WC III novel tells me, then I have the right to shut up... :)

But from the game alone, the choice is left to the player... whether you like or not... we have no means to "prove" that what Hobbes is saying is true, FROM THE GAME ALONE...

If we stick the novel in, from what yoy tell me LOAF, we can prove it right... so that's why I will shut up now... :)

ROBOTS VS PENGUINS UUUUUUUAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
IN Wich book this war happens, in some Alternate Universe of WC, please LOAF tell us More !!!!!!! :D

Originally posted by Ghost
ROBOTS VS PENGUINS UUUUUUUAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
IN Wich book this war happens, in some Alternate Universe of WC, please LOAF tell us More !!!!!!! :D
Great... you've "activated" Ghost, LOAF (lots of personality overlays these days...)
Happy now? :)

Firstoff, we *can* "prove" it in the game -- watch Hobbes' eyes when Thrakhath says "Heart of the Tiger", and the personality overlay supposedly takes over. :)

Second, no, you can't assume characters are lying just because you don't like what they're saying. You *don't* have that right. :)

Thirdly, the author of the WC3 novel is dead, and can no longer answer our questions.

Yeahhh Funny mpanty....... :)

BTW i invite to all of you to go to my post A GOOD ONE
there are a lot of funny jokes, it is a island of peace and fun in the sea of the disgusted people with the canonicity of WC Or other problems of the life

Your Host Ghost

*Rimshot*

Back