The one to end all.....

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Firstoff, we *can* "prove" it in the game -- watch Hobbes' eyes when Thrakhath says "Heart of the Tiger", and the personality overlay supposedly takes over.

Second, no, you can't assume characters are lying just because you don't like what they're saying. You *don't* have that right.

Thirdly, the author of the WC3 novel is dead, and can no longer answer our questions.

(1) It is indeed the "signal" for Hobbes to become a spy again, but we don't know whether it has to do with a "personality overlay"...
Hobbes could have been a devout Kilrathi all along, doing his "duties" for Confed by killing his own kind, with pain in his heart... and not necessarily having a different "personality"...

(2) If one of my best friends betrays me, and for excuse says he's been having a "different personality" than his true one for all these years, I have every godgiven right to think he's making it up! :)

(3) I was thinking in the novel LOAF, IN THE NOVEL... Get me the passage in third person where Hobbes's defection is explained... :)

Not a different personality... a personality overlay -- something we know the Kilrathi have been experimenting with for years... (Quoth Cobra, "The Kilrathi have been experimenting with personality overlays for years").

well the i cant talk about the excalabur but i thought it was the excalibur besides the wc3 excal is a prototype
therefore its not the real excal
the real excal is the wc4 one

therefore your pic is of the prototype
not the excal
and so its not labelled correctly
;)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Not a different personality... a personality overlay -- something we know the Kilrathi have been experimenting with for years... (Quoth Cobra, "The Kilrathi have been experimenting with personality overlays for years").

I thought she said bio-weapons..."if they're not used here, they will be somewhere else."

She said both things.

The Excalibur in the game is the prototype when we first see it... but it's in active service when it arrives on the Victory later.

Originally posted by Dekkar
Why does Hobbes need to die, I thought once you killed thrakath you went down to the planet. Do you have to kill hobbes and thrakath before going down to the planet?

I think the novel tells us what option Blair chooses in the WCU. And there he goes after Hobbes immediately after Cobra is killed (he is even more or less ordered to do so by Paladin). Thus, in the official WCU Hobbes is shot down by Blair, long before he flies to Kilrah.

BTW, then only differnce in the game when we do not go after Hobbes immediately is that he too flies around Kilrah, right? There are no harder missions to fly when we let him go? Like in WC4 where the Peleus mission is harder if you did not help the veteran at the beginning.

the first time I ever played WCIII I killed Hobbes right away, and when I got to Kilrah and killed Thrakath, I didn't go down to the planet, more bombers just kept jumping in again and again. When I replayed it on my new computer, I waited to kill Hobbes, and sure enough, I got to blow up Kilrah!

oh,well then, I should of killed stupid Hobbes, that traitor! How did Vaquero die if you went after him again?

The Victory is attacked while you are away fighting Hobbes and because you werent there he dies. Of course in the book Hobbes pretends to be Cobra and while on patrol with Vaquero as his wingman he destroys him.

Wasn't it bioweapons Cobra was talking about?

Originally posted by Valiento
"Hmm, tell that to Knight, and Bossman, who apparently survived their reported deaths from the WC movie.
That's actually an interesting point...

There is a difference between MIA and KIA, but a lot of people get them confused. That's what happens to Bossman and Knight.

Cobra mentions both bioweapons (in the novel and in the game) and personality overlays (in the novel).

I think Meson hit the nail on the head regarding that other thing <G> The difference between the situations is that we *knew* Bossman and Knight were still alive when they 'died' -- so it was only a dramatic point in the movie. We've never believed a character to be dead, only to have them return to life.

I think Lieutenant Pash Cracken once said that MIA means that a comrade is dead - we just can't find enough pieces of him/her to prove it. But that's a different circumstance.

Back