Shields UP!

Interesting trick. What I hated was that most times firing a missile head to head meant impact with a Nephilim gun bolt. When I try to do the same trick, sometimes the missile would still hit me. And no, I doubt accuracy is an issue here.

On the other hand, the head-to-head trick is how I usually get Seether. Firing at Mace missiles is a really unhealthy thing to do ;).

Ah, of course it's unhealthy. :) Given that it's a nuclear warhead, all the more so... especially the WC2 version.

Well, you'd think a superhuman would be smart enough to notice that he was firing at an unusually large missile :).

Well... theoretically, firing at a nuke is the best thing you *can* do... if you can unbalance the explosion that begins the nuclear reaction, you don't have anywhere near as big a problem. Of course... this is a game, and that doesn't work very well :)

TC

Hmm, mines against Corvettes could be a useful way too.

If you fire a DF against a Devil Ray when he is swinging around towards you, you should hit him pretty badly before he opens fire. Almost always worked for me.
Of course, there aren't such many missions against Devil Rays, where you have DFs at your disposal...

I still haven't got the Mace in WC4, that damn capture carier mission...

Minefields...

What's intrigued me is that the Kilrathi could lay minefields 50000 km across! (WC1 for example...)

Since the fields appear pretty dense, thats a lot of materials!

Originally posted by redwolf
Minefields...

What's intrigued me is that the Kilrathi could lay minefields 50000 km across! (WC1 for example...)

Since the fields appear pretty dense, thats a lot of materials!

That's unreal, I mean that would mean something in the neigbourhood of 2 billion mines (at least) would be used. Not very cost efficient even if you did manage to destroy an entire fleet with it.
What was the mine field actually used for?

Originally posted by Quarto
Well, you'd think a superhuman would be smart enough to notice that he was firing at an unusually large missile :).

Given all the tactical errors they made in WC4, I got the definite impression the intelligence of the Herronvolk was over rated. :)

Best, Raptor

I'm talking about those Kilrathi minefields in WC1, which never stopped the TC from going anywhere, they were just flopping about in the middle of nowhere and rarely had any point to them (except when they makred the border in SM1)

Protectin from what ??????
A jump point inside the minefield ???? (why the jump point isn´t marked in the game ????)
or just a minefield in route a jump point...(the space is 3D you can avoid the minefield)

The minefield is 3d too, though... it's a large sphere surrounding the jump point... to prevent ships from reaching it and to destroy ships arriving in it.

Back