Shields UP!

Zim

Spaceman
Question:

Do the WC1 ships have shields? I mean, they have them in the game, but not in the movie, and I wish to know for sure for my RPG.

Thanks in advance.

Zim

Yes, they have shields... (they have them in the movie, too -- they're just not as effective on the older ships).

Maybe an inconsistence (?) between the game and the movie, the shields works well in the game.

As stated in the Prophecy Guide, earlier shields did *not* work particularly well on fighters. But the Confed handbook gives you exact stats...

is there a way to turn off the shields in the game? once i get it running i will need to make it difficult to win.

If those fighers in the movie had shields, they must have been so weak they were barely there, since they didnt seem to show any shield effect when the fighters got hit with one or two shots! The cat's fighters seemed to have weak shields also.

RFB

There's no *reason* to turn off shields. Don't pre-brag, please. <G>

You do see the shields in the movie -- they flash blue or green when something's hit... it's especially noticable on the CommCon and the Tiger's Claw.

there is a reason. theres no difficulty setting on the game so its too easy. infact i remember spending about an hour in the simulator before dying. but that was a while ago.

Guess the large gatlin gun was sufficient, cause we never see the wing mounted guns fire in the movie. Looking closely at one of the Rapiers in the movie, its hard to tell if there are guns on the wings, you can see the missiles clearly, they must be mounted within the wings structure. Ok, what type of guns are on the wings?

RFB

So, the answer to the question "What part of wing mounted lasers don't you understand?" would be the "lasers" part:)?

Man it gets so confusing! So the printed books will have the official records. I need to get that handbook!

RFB

Unrelated, but if there are any real world pilots in the WC community, even if there arent, please take a moment of silence today for the loss of two more CAF members who died in a plane crash last Monday. A WWII BT13A crashed just south of the MAF. The FAA and NTS are investigating, cause of the crash is still unknown, the CAF has officially grounded the High Sky Wing, which is based out of Midland TX MAF. Another tragic loss to the flying community. :(

RFB

Back