Kilrathi Ship Design

The Kilrathi had no *experience* with a long term war -- their longest had previously been the four year conflict with the Hari, which was simply long because of the distances required to take the immense Hari space. The Kilrathi plan was to attack and win immediately... but that didn't work; *our* plan was not to fight such a war at all, so it all evened out for a pounding match... <G>

As for their plans for us -- their original plan was to enslave us (as they did all their previous races where possible)... but they eventually decreed that we all be slaughtered.

The Kilrathi live to fight, they do not value the single life. So they fight just more insanely and are more willing to make suicidal attacks, if it brings honour. And I think those clan wars in the early Kilrathi history weren't that short,... . Of course, since they fought other races, no war really lasted long, so perhaps they weren't used to them anymore. But The Kilrathi almost won through their overwhelming numbers, so I guess they have more resources, or at least spend more of them into the military.

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 05-17-2001 at 07:58]

Originally posted by gryphon
Yamamoto expressed this explicitly in a letter to the Emperor written before Midway...

I think this letter was even written before Pearl Harbour. Yamamoto wrote that the japanese navy could fight for 6 months to one year. But after that, the war would be lost. (Or something like that)

Disagree, there's clear evidence that the Kilrathi *do* value single lives, and that they live to do more than just fight.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
their longest had previously been the four year conflict with the Hari, which was simply long because of the distances required to take the immense Hari space. <G>

How many races are there in our part of the galaxy ? I had never heard of the Hari before (or I don't remember ;) ).
BTW is there a map representing the "home system" of all these races (before they were slaughtered by the Kilrathi).

Off the top of my head,

The Mopok Race
The Firekkan Planetary Alliance
The Nephilim
The Double Helix Race
The Steltek
The Mantu
The Utara
The Hari
The Varni
The Wu
The Eyoka
The Jarma
The Hagarin
The Gorth
The Sorn
The Yan
The Ka
The Shata

Oh, there's dozens of races that we know of: Dioscuri, Dolosians, Double-Helixes, Eyokans, Firekkans, Gorth, Haggans, Hari, Jarma, Ka, Kilrathi, Mantu, Mopoks, Nephilim, Oasians, Shata, Steltek, Sorn, Utara, Varni, Wu and Yan.

Some of them don't exist or aren't in our area anymore... and, of course, we do'nt know where the Nephilim are from yet.

I don't see how, I mean I had most races *does leprechaun dance* and I left out the WCA ones since for me WCA is nothing but poopoo anyway ;)

Still... it's flattering... You know if You wanna beat LOAF You have no time for detail *lol*

[Edited by gryphon on 05-17-2001 at 12:02]

Actually, LOAF had ALL the races you had, AND more :). Therefore, even if you insist on disregarding WCA, you still didn't beat him :).

Jeez *lol*

I never claimed to have MORE... Just that I delivered it faster, and even THEN it was a gag :)

I think if we all took this a bit less seriously it would be fine... Like I said in another post, nowadays I'm older, more experienced and wiser. (Read: more tired and less apt to waste time on complete idiots that I by now know never change their mind anyway). ;)

Oh, demoted shemoted... I hardly think any of my posts have been as useless as some I have seen, and the perpetrators of those have not been demoted.

Besides, someone I know once told me "If You're gonna have fun and break the rules, do it right away... once You start climbing, You have something to lose"

And I don't particularly like being threatened.

Hahaha you'll soon learn. Most of the mods can be quite affable fellows...one Space Marshall in particular, is not as much.

I don't think KV likes me too much. Oh well, ban my arse, I'll just get out more, or do more homework :)

Back