Kilrathi Ship Design

Oh yeah, homework ;)

I am under the impression that KV is somehow not a very very warm person from everyone... KV, if You're there, give us a chance to prove these rumors wrong! Next round's on me?!

some posts i really don't understand why they are closed though. I'll see a closed post and wonder why it was wiped out and all you mods will say is,

"*insert snide comment here*. Thread ended."

I have a question regarding the "CR kills himself" thread... The thread was closed, and yet replies kept streaming in! How?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
...but they eventually decreed that we all be slaughtered.
Because we were honourable enough, or because they were too lazy?

Originally posted by redwolf
So what happened to Napoleon?
You really want to know? Apparently kept insisting on something when he was told not to, I think. That's all we need to know.

Originally posted by Mav23
Thread ended.
Actually, I rather like the play on the Nephilims' death speeches: This thread is ended.

Irradiating entire planets making them unlivable to anyone doesnt seem like the best way to treat an honorable enemy:)

Yeah, well that just makes the enemy dishonourable, doesn't it? ;) Really, I don't want to go into another discussion of what honour is again.

Originally posted by gryphon
I think if we all took this a bit less seriously it would be fine...
Well, there's a limit to two smileys per post :). Ergo, if two smileys aren't enough to show that I'm joking, then I'm afraid there ain't much more I can do :D.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Originally posted by redwolf
So what happened to Napoleon?
You really want to know? Apparently kept insisting on something when he was told not to, I think. That's all we need to know.
[/B]

We always need to know. We are curious by nature. If we were given some fairly good reasons instead of some snide remarks as gryphon pointed out,(who is new poster who already has figured that one out), we wouldn't be so rude back to the mods.

All we ask are for some good reasons. People tend to behave better by at least giving them a good reason why something was closed or went wrong. I for one wouldn't be so fucking narky about it.

If we knew why something went wrong with Napoleon, we would be more likely NOT to repeat what he did! Or am I one of the few who think in a logical manner here? :(

If we were given some fairly good reasons instead of some snide remarks as gryphon pointed out,(who is new poster who already has figured that one out), we wouldn't be so rude back to the mods.
[/B]

Excuse me for interjecting, but what did I say which managed to piss everyone off so much? I'm sorry already!

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Disagree, there's clear evidence that the Kilrathi *do* value single lives, and that they live to do more than just fight.

I should have been more precisely. Of course, the Kilrathi do not throw their lives away senselessly (like that Doctor in WCATV episode2 says, what's his name?) And of course they do not only live to fight, but to eat, sleep, live an honourable life with their lairmates and be a proud father.
But they are more willing to give their life away, when it is considered honourable (by Kilrathi standards). Like that Kilrathi pilot in a Draket in the WC3N, who fights lathough he knows he has no chance. But honour demands it.
And fighting has a very central meaning for them. How often do we read in the novels, that if the Terrans weren't there, the Kilrathi would slaughter each other. And like VS states, "War and aggression are the central pillars of their culture und are worshipped as religion. ... show the fanatical determination towards death, exploitation and control." (Again, translated from German)

Of course, I know that I didn't tell you anything new, it was just to clearify my point. <g>

I guess people's major problem with Kilrathi "individualism" is manifested most blatantly in the use of fighters such as the Salthi... In AS, they talk of rigorous education of pilots... and then they out them in a little ball of tinfoil with BBguns for blasters. Good idea...

AS, does however express Kilrathi emotional mentality rather well, when Gilkarg mourns Ratha's death even though suicide was the honorable thing to do.

But a society that has you kill yourself over a mistake rather than letting you live to try to fix it and learn from it doesnt value life THAT much

Disagree -- the idea behind Zu'kara is that it forces out undesirable elements... those who are incompetant -- and thus present a danger to others -- are weeded out. It's not the *same* regard for life as we have, but it's not a complete disregard either...

I didnt say it was a complete disregard but along with the undesirables, it does eliminate some people who just made an honest mistake. That messenger from fleet action i think, he was a shmuck. But Thrakhath's brother, he could have lived and brought back his experience from fighting the Terrans, something they really hadnt done yet. Instead he killed himself because his fighter was destroyed. He thought that it was expected of him to kill himself when we learn he really didnt need to.

Back