Kilrathi Ship Design

Oh, heavens no, I never said their system didn't treat individual life with remarkable indifference, I just claimed that for the individual Kilrathi, death was still a big deal... I mean, even in today's Japan, when the son of the family doesn't get into collegte and kills himself because of that... I mean, yeah he preserved honor but I doubt his Dad does cartwheels across the floor for losing a son. I think the Kilrathi are a bit like that... They still have nurturing instincts, but they are repressed by this unquestionable lifestyle which promotes honor and sacrifice.

Tell me about it... We're trying to profile a civilization that not even Confed knows more than four manual pages worth of...

Sup, Your post: "a society that has you kill yourself over a mistake rather than letting you live to try to fix it and learn from it" reminds me of a quote by Admiral Thrawn in Heir to The Empire... I don't remember exactly, but Thrawn chooses not to killaliutenant who makes a serious muckup and says...

"There exists a significant difference between an error and a mistake. The difference lies in that an error can be corrected"

So death is to be used only if Your screwup is definite and irrevocable :)

I guess that Lt made a mistake... Or maybe it's based on the Strike system... But in any case, I think even the Kilrathi believe deep down that some mistakes are not worth dying for...

I need to be a MOD! People insult me ALL the time at the CZ. :)

"what's that? I'm a what?!?! goodbye forever Mr. Insult Mav person!! whhwhhwahwhhahwhwhhaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhahhhahahah"

:D

You f*****g son of a b***h, sob my d**c, you MAVer F***r

Are you feling good now ???? ;)

[Edited by Ghost on 05-19-2001 at 00:16]

Originally posted by gryphon
Sup, Your post: "a society that has you kill yourself over a mistake rather than letting you live to try to fix it and learn from it" reminds me of a quote by Admiral Thrawn in Heir to The Empire... I don't remember exactly, but Thrawn chooses not to killaliutenant who makes a serious muckup and says...

"There exists a significant difference between an error and a mistake. The difference lies in that an error can be corrected"

So death is to be used only if Your screwup is definite and irrevocable :)

Actually, in that scene of "Heir to the Empire", Thrawn had the poor guy executed. That was his way of correcting the error. :D It was in another scene in "Dark Force Rising" that he let a Lieutenant who had made a mistake live.

Best, Raptor

Oh well, I guess I'm just confused then... It was roughly five years ago I read the novels :)

But I still remember that shield trick he did, with the small ship sneaking up under the shield and firing at the same time the blast from the Destroyer hit the shield, to make it look like the bolt penetrated... That was brilliant.

At tactics and group pyschology, certainly. But he was overconfident in his abilities to predict everything that would happen, which was what lead to his death.

Best, Raptor

Thrawn is dead? What a pity Isn't there a single bad guy who lives?
(I only know Thrawn from the add-on missions for TIE fighter)

Thrawn was assasinated by his chief bodyguard, and enslaved Noghri whose species had been eradicated and/or enslaved by the Empire. The assasination was done using a small blade in the Admiral's art toom. I believe Thrawn's last words were: "But it was so artistically done..."... what a poopoo thing to say.

Back