High-Rez Hornet

Again, it's lookin amazing! ;) I can't wait to see the textures with detail! You still have segmentation at the ends of the wings and on the curves near the engine. Was that intentional?

Yes, for the time being. I intend to place some lights in those locations - and I don't want to actually do it until later. :d Lazy, I guess. 'Side's which, it's nothing a good chamfer won't fix. :D

WOW
WOW
WOW
WOW
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's breath taking!

(I should probably not look at the finished product as it will have a killing beauty :) )

God damn does that hornet look good....

Please keep creating models of other ships...they are amazing...

Holy freaking crap! :eek:

That's some great stuff, Howie. What kind of machine have you got 3DSMax5 running on? I've been interested in getting into 3D rendering for a little while, but I'm afraid that I'd have to bone up my main computer a little more than my wallet could take.

Wow, if you can make it look that good just by using 120000000 polys and single colors, I guess I can pretty much give up trying to learn Gimp :)

Was it a personal choice to add color to the laser cannons, or was there a source aside from WC1 that stated they were anything other than standard gunmetal colors?

That was, apparently, a personal choice. when I originally did the coloring, I thought I had seen that done in an obscure screenshot on the back of the WC1 box. Not so. That'll be changed.

Howie

Hey, hey! How y'all doing?
Incidently, here's the latest renders.
bee71.jpg

bee72.jpg

bee73.jpg

bee74.jpg

bee75.jpg

bee76.jpg

bee77.jpg

bee78.jpg

Took some liberties with the Confed symbols. Still, I think it looks rather good.

Howie

Rather good?

Dont be modest, that thing is incredible. Really, really awesome work, man, well done! I think the confed symbols look great. They kinda fill a 'void' on the hull. I guess that's what insignias are for, eh? ;) I love the textures, very very cool. How many hours you predict you've put into that baby?

That looks awesome! But I think it needs more numbers and letters all over that thing... :D Modern aircraft have all sorts of decals and registration numbers, etc.

Oh yeah, don't forget the squadron logo which is near the cockpit. ;) Maybe this Hornet is from the Killer Bees?

Hey Howie, are you going to add missiles onto this thing? I can't remember if they were stored internally, but the weapon screen on the MFD always showed missiles on the wings etc, so I assumed they were stored externally in WC1 and 2. The Hornet carried two dumb fires and a heat seeker.

Keep up the great work! I can't wait for more!

Man this model makes me feel lousy...cause I try hard to get something good done but I can't reach your quality. That Hornet realy looks so good...I hope that someday I could be so good.
Well I will have to practice more ^_^

Howie, I have a rather... strange question...
Do you need a test pilot?...
...'cuase I'd LOVE to take this baby for a test drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am more interested in how you made this cool looking engines. Are you using volume lights, glow or lens flares? And do you use self illuminations maps for engine nodes?

Ooh, a beauty shot! Great work, Howard.

I'm just curious - what are those big circular indentations in the wings? The black things which can be seen inside the Confed logo.

Also, with the side view, is the cockpit aligned with the fighter so that the lasers shoot directly ahead? Then that would mean that the pilot would have to land with the seat slanting forwards. Not a big deal given that landing and take-off don't take much of a pilot's flight time, but it does look a little uncomfortable.

Back