High-Rez Hornet

Tolwyn: You'll note that in my second post I mentioned that I would release a low-poly version of this model - the high res one will remain in my sole possesion, for the time being.
Tempest: The original Hornet had those stripes on it as well...
And I may...MAY...be working towards something...similar to WC...
maybe...

Can't tell yah more.

Howie

All I need to hear to make me a happy man! :)

And, looking at those ref pics again, I see what you mean about the stripes. My memory's not so good, these days. Or ever.. :p

Here's the progress on the Cockpit.
beecock2.jpg

beecock3.jpg

beecock4.jpg

beecock5.jpg

Happy!
Also, here's a almost-finalized FX shot.
http://www.hedfiles.com/Hornet/Beeland12.avi 1.6MB

Howie

Whoa, that's one pretty Hornet... but uhm... what are you going to do with it?

I'm new to this forum so please cut the plebe here some slack... :D

I can't even BEGIN to say how ****ing cool that is. Amazing work. I'd love to be able to do something like that and I may well go dig out my 3d books and actually learn how to od such things.

I can't begin to express my gratitude for all your work on this, just seeing those videos brings joy and inspiration, great gifts to give to others.

Yeah, ok, I'm being a little OTT but this is incredible !

Wow! Wow! and then a little more Wow! Seeing that makes me feel like I know absolutely nothing about modelling (which is somewhat true). I'd give my left nut to know how you make such fantastic armor plating...*hint, nudge, wink

Howie, would it be possible to simply have a flight sim that could be modded into WC? I would love to see this community put out a mod of a quality matching the hornet you've created. Graphics-wise.

I know that Starshatter was designed to be modded in every aspect, but I don't know if it'll support models that nice.

Words occurred.
Your work most ably illuminates the following:
Q: "What´s the difference between a tradesman and a craftsman?"
A: "The proximity to God."

Actually, looking at that model, the textures look like roughly the same quality as stuff in Halo (a bit better, actually). It'd be neat to see a Covenant Banshee swooping in for a strafing run, only to get gunned down mercilessly by a pair of Hornets.

Howdy.
Thanks for the comments - I'm still working on this - just so you don't panic.
My next model will be the Scimitar.
There won't be anymore animations for the time being - I need to concentrate on modelling and texturing.
Overmortal: Something you should know about me. I hate crossovers. The textures that were shown earlier were placeholders.
HammerHead: That's a single asteroid model duped across the entire scene - then give random paths and rotations. Simple, really.

Hallo, what's all this then?
Hornet001.jpg

Hornet002.jpg

Hornet003.jpg

Hornet004.jpg

Hornet005.jpg

Hornet006.jpg

Hornet007.jpg

Well - that's just about everything. The only thing I can imagine remaining is the Killer Bee Logo. Anyone care to get in on this action and make one?
Well, enjoy!

Howie

Back