Flight Commander 1.5 ReleasedEddieb has released version 1.5 of the Flight Commander engine. Get it here (50 megs). The most notable improvements for players are:
- Players can control turrets on their fighters, including a new turret hud.
- Mouse support
- Captions support
- Conversations with characters between missions
- Moving doors/movies and sound effects in the gameflow
- Multiple comms/insults for more variety
- Nav points have names
The first screenshot shows the new turret targeting HUD. Flight Commander comes with a graphical mission editor and uses standard formats for graphics and sound. If you're looking to use the engine to create your own game, version 1.5 offers these new features:
- Save variables between missions
- 6 new scripting commands available during combat.
- Fully customize all the music easily
- Fully customizeable, scriptable briefings. Add voice actors, move ships, adjust timing.
- Navs on briefings can have labels.
- A new briefing creation tutorial.
- 27 new scripting commands are available for briefing editing
- Fully scriptable, add conversation with characters, multiple rooms
- play custom movies whenever you want
- change movies based on the outcome of the mission
- Move the briefing camera whever you want.
- 6 scripting commands.
- Custom fonts colors in the gameflow
Follow or Contact Us