Eddieb has released version 1.5 of the Flight Commander engine. Get it here (50 megs). The most notable improvements for players are:
- Players can control turrets on their fighters, including a new turret hud.
- Mouse support
- Captions support
- Conversations with characters between missions
- Moving doors/movies and sound effects in the gameflow
- Multiple comms/insults for more variety
- Nav points have names
The first screenshot shows the new turret targeting HUD. Flight Commander comes with a graphical mission editor and uses standard formats for graphics and sound. If you're looking to use the engine to create your own game, version 1.5 offers these new features:
CIC Birthday Party prize winners who submitted their addresses should have gotten a confirmation email from us by now. If you haven't seen one, your email probably got caught in a spam filter and you should resend it or drop by IRC. With most of the CIC Staff out adventuring together for the next couple weeks, a number of these packages won't ship until later September. Here's a list of the prizes and winners again.
- Save variables between missions
- 6 new scripting commands available during combat.
- Fully customize all the music easily
- Fully customizeable, scriptable briefings. Add voice actors, move ships, adjust timing.
- Navs on briefings can have labels.
- A new briefing creation tutorial.
- 27 new scripting commands are available for briefing editing
- Fully scriptable, add conversation with characters, multiple rooms
- play custom movies whenever you want
- change movies based on the outcome of the mission
- Move the briefing camera whever you want.
- 6 scripting commands.
- Custom fonts colors in the gameflow
- CIC Glass - Wedge, Sycrus
- CIC Playing Cards - Ironduke, Wedge
- CIC Polo Shirt (submit size) - TheFraix
- TCS Eisen T-Shirt (submit size) - Justice, Paragon, Priest
- TCS Eisen Hat - Taser, Wedge, Powell99
- Confed Replica Patch - Blitz, ventsetti, HCl
- WC2 Game - BobMcDob, Justice
- WC4 DVD - LeHah, Vinman
- WC CCG Pack - ZFGokuSSJ1
- WC Novel (submit preferences) - Jetlag, matthew954
- WC Movie DVD - Frogzilla
- WC Movie Action Figures (submit preferences) - No Regret, Blonde
- WC Movie Poster - Shades
- WC Movie Longsleeve T - Jetlag
- XBox Live 1 Year Subscription - Jetlag
- XBox Live 1600 Point Cards - Justice, Jetlag
- XBox Smack Talk Device - Dundradal
- Nasa Sticker Set (donated by EddieB) - Dyret
- Star*Soldier Print - Mekt-Hakkikt, Vinman, AD, Shades
Arena Xbox Contest Prizes
- XBox 360 Elite - NinjaLA
- CIC Polo, Playing Card, Glass & Star*Soldier - IronDuke
- TCS Eisen Hat & Star*Soldier - Blitz
- WCM Soundtrack & Star*Soldier - Pedro
- CIC Glass & Star*Soldier - SabreAce
- Star*Soldier - Paragon
- Star*Soldier - matthew954
Watch Hamill Receive His Star
As we reported last month, Wing Commander hero and prominent voice actor Mark Hamill recently received his star on the Hollywood walk of fame. George Lucas and Harrison Ford also helped present the honor, so it looks like it was quite an event! Check out the fun below:Mark Hamill aka Luke Skywalker from 'Star War' received his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. (2018-03-23)
Upper Memory Block Walks Down Memory Lane
The Upper Memory Block podcast has kicked off a fun play-through of Wing Commander 2. Game streaming is a common pastime this days and there are lots of folks out there recording their Wing Commander sessions, so we don't highlight them all. But UMB is a big fan of the Wing Commander series, and they have a lot of similar contemporary interests to Wingnuts. (2018-03-22)
Homeworld Mod Deploys Black Lance
It's a big week for the Homeworld Remastered Mod! Their long-awaited Black Lance upgrade has now been released. Fans can grab it at either the Steam Workshop or ModDB, but users with a current copy will get the update automatically. (2018-03-21)
New WC Toolbox Expands WC2 Campaign Support
The WC Toolbox has gotten smarter with another new update. Version 4.2. (2018-03-20)
Kilrathi Fleet Gets Large Scale LLOD Upgrades
A couple of monster models have made their way into the Last Line of Defense project. Using some newly discovered information, Deathsnake has scaled up his fearsome Rigakh cruiser. Fairly credible stats imply it's even larger than the Confederation class dreadnought! (2018-03-19)