It's Nomination Time Again
Another exciting year is blazing by, so it's time for us to start winding down 2012! This includes our annual Fan Project & Web Site of the Year contests! Wingnuts have a chance to nominate their favorites before the voting gets going. Please send in submissions here! There's a very rich history of past winners out there, and it's exciting to think about who will be added next. Check out the results from past years here:
SolSector Secures Select Sites
Many of the fan projects and websites credited above are still online today thanks to SolSector.net - the CIC's internal hosting service. Although a few sites have chosen to close over the years, the majority are either active or preserved for future generations of Wingnuts. It can be a bit of a bummer to find a page that hasn't been touched in years, but this is a much better outcome than losing the content due to unpaid bills or providers going out of business. We'd like to continue saving WC sites of note, so if you have a Wing Commander destination that should be hosted at SolSector, please let us know!
Wing Commander CIC - Visit the front page
Official news, fan projects and topics of particular interest to Wing Commander fans.
- Wing Commander Luminaries Light Up Both Coasts
- 2014-08-29 -- Teams from Roberts Space Industries have traveled to conventions in both the northwest and southeast United States this weekend to promote Star Citizen. Up first in Seattle, Mark Abent, Chad Zamzow and WC creator Chris Roberts will be participating in the Intel panel at the Penny Arcade Expo on Friday at 2:00 pm followed by a get-together at the Logitech booth thereafter. Over in Atlanta, Dave Haddock, Alex Mayberry, long time WC documentation creator David Ladyman and CIC founder Ben Lesnick will be representing at DragonCon.
- Every Wingnut Needs Star*Soldier
- 2014-08-28 -- Did the trivia at the birthday party seem pretty tough? There's one resource that helps tie everything together. The amazing game manual for 2007's Wing Commander Arena is packed full of information on the current state of the WC universe.
- Manta Leads New Nephilim Incursion
- 2014-08-27 -- Dark Sentinel is back with a new Nephilim model. He's trying to fix the lack of bug designs in the community in the hopes that more of the exotic ships get used in various fan art and cinematics. The Manta's basic spaceframe here is almost ten times more detailed than the original Prophecy model.
- Feline Figure Formed for Future Film
- 2014-08-26 -- Klavs has taken a short break from fantastic ship models to try his hand at a modern Kilrathi. The design obviously isn't finalized, but it's a great start with a strong Thrakhath vibe. Does this mean we're in for character sequences in Tales of the Claw?
- Shades' Secret Ops Guide and Wing Commander Script Updates
- 2014-08-25 -- Just when you think the birthday fun is over there's more presents! Longtime Secret Ops aficionado Shades has some updates to his Wing Commander works.Like all of you I am a huge fan of Wing Commander and have been since the first game.
- Blair Reacts to Wing Commander 3 Giveaway
- 2014-08-24 -- Echo Sector's Cyberion was so excited to find out Origin.com is giving away Wing Commander 3 for a limited time, that he put together a tongue-in-cheek "reaction video" to celebrate the news. You have until September 2 to grab the game for the unbeatable price of zero dollars, an offer that's also valid outside the States.
- Party Logs Now Online
- 2014-08-23 -- Here's the transcript of last weekend's CIC Birthday Party. If you've never been to one of our events before, check out the log to get a sense of what they're like! The excitement as we count down to zero hour is palpable!
- Wing Commander Games 60% Off at GOG
- 2014-08-22 -- GOG's Electrifying EA Classics sale has discounted the Wing Commander series by 60%. This brings the regular $5.99 price for each game down to just $2.
- New Wing Commander IMDB Page Removed
- 2014-08-22 -- As suddenly as it went up, the IMDB page for the 2015 Wing Commander film is gone - replaced by a 404 error. Too good to be true, perhaps?
- The Fat Man Dishes on the Latest Game Audio News
- 2014-08-21 -- George The Fat Man Sanger has participated in a new episode of the Bleeps 'n' Bloops game audio podcast. Rather than merely an interview about the Fat Man's music, it's a free flowing conversation on a variety of musical topics. For example, during a discussion on the recent Twitch audio muting controversy, George weighs in with his thoughts on Wing Commander tunes being used around the web - including the recent orchestral performance at a Swedish graduation ceremony.