Updated OpenGL patch for Prophecy and Secret OpsPopsiclePete has released a new version (1.2) of the OpenGL renderer for WCP and SO. Built on the foundation created for the updated graphics seen in Standoff, the new patch sports several exciting features. This release also supports HCl's lastest WCP enhancement pack, but there are still some gliches with DVD playback while the game is running fullscreen that were not able to be fixed in time for this release.
Pete didn't stop there though. He also made the effort to update the Wing Commander: Prophecy demo and his enhanced installer for Secret Ops to include the lastest files and to fix various compatibility issues with UAC and 64 bits operating systems. You can find download links to all the files below along with some contrasting screenshots of the imrpoventes you will see with this new update over the stock direct-3D mode.
OpenGL package for WCP/SO
- Fixed compatibility for Intel onboard video and some ATI cards
- Fixed other compatibility issues
- Added support for lighting effects: bloom and automatic specular
- Added high-resolution art, some from Standoff, some built especially for this package (ie. high-res cockpit elements)
- Edited the original launchers for easy access to the OpenGL setup
Secret Ops enhanced installer