Bit By Bit, Char By Char
Attention early adopters: Chris Knudsen has released a new version (0.1.3) of his awesome Privateer Ascii Sector fan project which fixes several bugs (detailed below). Pick up your copy here. He's also posted some neat shortcut icons for download.
0.1.3 - September 20th, 2007
- Fixed bug that caused ships to not move.
0.1.2 - September 17th, 2007
- Fixed bug that used energy when flying in autopilot and holding down the TAB key.
- Fixed bug that made missiles and torpedoes 'live' forever.
- Fixed rare bug that tried to load a base and then load a saved game when you died (I haven't been able to test this fix, since I haven't experienced this bug myself, but hopefully it's fixed now).
- Fixed rare bug that crashed the game when saving.
- Changed "Join Raid" missions so you always meet the other hunters at a nav point with a jump point.
- Added the ability to type characters other than letters and numbers, when writing your name when starting a new game.
Holding The Line Chapter 219.. Again?
You can forgive Raptor for slacking off a little what with so many great things happening in the past six months. However Raptor has had his own personal great thing happen to steal his attention away. I'll let him explain why and the reason for refreshing your memories with this previously posted chapter.
Hey all, Raptor here
I'm sure you noticed the distinct lack of HTL chapters in the last few
months. I'm afraid that the fault is entirely mine. For a change
though, it's not the grind of work and study that's been keeping me
away from HTL. I met a nice young lady earlier this year, and we just
got engaged. :-D As you might imagine, I've been spending most of my
spare time with her, and getting to know her family.
I certainly don't want to let HTL slide though, and I'll do my best to
keep with my duties as co-ordinator. The last story we posted was part
one of Welcome To Hell 6. I was originally intending to send you part two
now, but I don't think it's fair to the writer to split a two
parter by three months. What I'll do instead is post part one here again
now, and send you the second part out in a week's time.
After our last chapter looking at a possible future for the Kilrathi,
we're returning to the battle against the Nephilim in the present. In
this chapter, we're following the Confed and Border Worlds reserve
forces fighting the Alien forces pushing in from the Loki jump point.
WTH 6 is a long story, and will interweave with the third Check And
Mate chapter (which follows the fight against the Nephilim pushing
from Ymir) as the HTL battle heads to a climax, As I said on the Aces
board recently, the end is most verily nigh. ;-) This particular story
is written by James Andrew "JAG" Greenhow. Please send any and all
comments to him at firstname.lastname@example.org, not to me.