Category:The Secret Missions
|The Secret Missions 1: Operation Thor's Hammer|
|Expansion for||Wing Commander|
|Release Date||Dec. 4th, 1990|
With the incredible success of Wing Commander, Origin pioneered the concept of game expansions with the Secret Missions add-on disk. Fans of the first title in the series were treated to an intense campaign where the pilots of the Tiger's Claw were tasked with an important covert operation. A new Kilrathi superweapon was being tested aboard the Sivar Dreadnought. Although the Claw hurried in response to its distress call, the populous Goddard Colony was annihilated before help could arrive. The Claw was the only ship in position to penetrate deep behind enemy lines, pick apart the fleet that attacked Goddard and ultimately destroy the Kilrathi secret weapon.
Wing Commander: The Secret Missions is another thrilling chapter in the continuing saga of the TCS Tiger's Claw. A human colony has been obliterated by the Kilrathi. Now they challenge the defenders of humanity to a deadly game of hide and go seek. You must cross into enemy space in pursuit of the Kilrathi strike fleet, only to face their latest secret weapon…a weapon capable of destroying an entire world.
- 1 Description
- 2 System Requirements
- 3 Box Contents
- 4 Credits
- 5 Advertising
- 6 Review
- 7 Versions
- 8 Ports
- 9 Strategy Guides
- 10 Re-Releases
- 11 Screenshots
- 12 Development
- 13 Patches / Addons
- 14 Music
- 15 Documents
- 16 Cutscenes
- 17 Ships
- 18 Weapons
- 19 Missions
TO: TCS TIGER'S CLAW
YOU ARE HEREBY ORDERED TO DIVERT FROM VEGA SECTOR TO GODDARD COLONY IN DENEB SECTOR. TERRAN INTELLIGENCE REPORTS PROBABLE KILRATHI ATTACK. ALL COMMUNICATION WITH GODDARD LOST. UPON ARRIVAL DEFEND COLONY AND DESTROY ENEMY. GOOD HUNTING.
It's 2654 and mankind needs a hero...
WING COMMANDER: THE SECRET MISSIONS
is another thrilling chapter int he continuing saga of the TCS Tiger's Claw. A human colony has been obliterated by the Kilrathi. Now they challenge the defenders of humanity. to a deadly game of hide and seek. You must cross into enemy space in pursuit of the Kilrathi strike fleet, only to face their latest secret weapon..a weapon capable of destroying an entire world.
- Play an all-new, 16-mission campaign offering unparalled (NOTE - Misspelling is original text) intensity, new missions and goals, and higher levels of excitementthan ever before.
- Live the relentless adventure as you fly through mission after mission of action and intrigue in a scenario that tailors itself to your successes...
- Thrill at the sight of stunning graphics as you encounter 4 new ships - from eight-man Confederation fighters to the Sivar-class dreadnought, pride of the Kilrathi fleet.
- Transfer your Wing Commander character and continue your personal quest to defeat the Kilrathi.
- Fly any of the 40 original Wing Commander missions in any order, with the "Mission Selector" included in this package!
- IBM-PC and 100% compatibles
- REQUIRED: Hard Disk and 640k RAM (768k Tandy)
- RECOMMENDED: 12mHZ or higher. joystick or mouse, Sound Card
- GRAPHICS: 256 color VGA, EGA/Tandy
- MUSIC (optional): Adlib, Sound Blaster, Roland MT-32/LAPC-1 or 100% compatible sound card
WC I Secret Missions Reference Card (1.8 MB)
Kilrathi Saga owners may download The Secret Missions
Design: Aaron Allston, Steve Cantrell
Writing: Aaron Allston, Steve Cantrell, Ellon Guon
Implementation: Steve Cantrell, Ellon Guon, John Watson
Programming: Ken Demarest III, Steven A. Muchow
Progress Screen Art: Denis Loubet
Ship Designs: Glen Johnson
Quality Assurance: Marc Schaefgen, Philip Brogden, Steve Cantrell, Ellon Guon, Brian Martin, Jeff Shelton, Scott Shelton, John Watson
Packaging Design: Cheryl Neeld
Documentation: Steve Cantrell, Warren Spector
Producers: Chris Roberts, Warren Spector
Demo (Part 1) (576k) - Ancient Demo
Demo (Part 2) (479k) - Ancient Demo
Trailers - See Holovids section
Children of the nineties such as myself may remember back when Nintendo Power was full of awful SNES game related comic strips... what you may have forgotten (or blocked from your mind) was that back then Wing Commander and The Secret Missions were Nintendo games! This comic is scanned from a 1992 issue of the magazine. Lost part of the Wing Commander canon or an excuse to stab your own eyes out and scream in terror? You decide!
- Wing Commander I & II: The Ultimate Strategy Guide
- CIC Online Guide
Patches / Addons
Wing Commander Help File (5k) - Text Help File
Install Patch (28k)
Joystick Patch (152k)
Amiga CD Patch (28k)
CD32 Patch (25k)
Tools, Editing and Fan Patches
- Mission Editing Information (12k)
- Ship Graphic Viewer (14k)
- Taunt Editor (84k) - Taunt Editor
- WC1, WC2 and Privateer Editing Info (71k)
- WCEDIT (5k) - Mission Editor
- WCSAV (65k) - Savegame Editor
- WCVIEW (45k) - Ship Editor
- Brief intro animation (1 MB) - by Cyberion, Details
- Intro Animation (5.8 MB) - by [Howard Day], Details
- Scimitar Flight Animation (1MB) - by Rylex, Details
- WC1 Box Winamp skin (346k) - by Mike Rohde, Details
- Unpacked MODULE.000 file (12k)
- See: Wing Commander
- Claw Marks
- Kilrathi Saga Manual
- Secret Missions SNES Manual
- Super Wing Commander Claw Marks
- Super Wing Commander Playguide
- WC I Install Quickstart Guide
- WC I Reference Card
- WC I SNES Text Instructions
- WC I Secret Missions 2 Reference Card
- WC I Secret Missions Joan's Supplement
- WC I Secret Missions Reference Card
- WC I Super Famicom Manual
- Wing Commander Collectible Trading Card Game Manual
- Wing Commander Help File
- Wing Commander MegaCD Manual
- Wing Commander SNES Manual
- Wing Commander SegaCD Manual
Trailers - See Holovids section
- Capital Ships
Empire of Kilrah
- Capital Ships
- Dumb-Fire Missile
- Heat-Seeking Missile
- Image-Recognition Missile
- Friend or Foe Missile
- Porcupine Mine
Clicking on the system name will bring you to the first mission in that system.
This category currently contains no pages or media.