Would you like a CapShip with that?

Originally posted by Mav23
Oh, and IIRC, you only get sick if you kill the capship and then touch it.

How would you keep a bug cap-ship alive. Feed it lots of vitamines and minarals?

Originally posted by Supdon3
try to not torpedo its bridge and engines.

What I meant was what would you feed a living cap-ship. How do you keep it healthy. It wasn't meant to be taken very seriously.

the ships prbably use some sort of tug to bring asteroid material to the ship where the ship "eats" it. thats if it dosn't eat biological material.

then the ships are built in the rotting carcasses of animals? if its organic it must be alive or it must eventually start to rot. the disease caused by dead capships hints that the ships are alive and that the decomposition of the hull causes the disease.

Most things decompose, but this does not make them alive -- the virus was something deliberately placed there by the Nephilim... the capships are no more 'alive' than a plastic cup.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I think Confed took Intrepid to use as a training carrier, like the one from Action Stations...
Well, we kept that in mind... sorta :). In UE, it's still a training carrier (though it's not Confed), but due to the current bug troubles and all, it's also being used as a fighter transport. And that's how it finds itself at the wrong place, at the wrong time... ;)

And personally, I'm surprised how many people keep forgetting that, as LOAF pointed out, an organic material does not need to be alive. Like plastic - it's organic, but it doesn't require food... indeed, the last time I tried giving a keyboard something to drink, it stopped working ;-).

You know, they do have those keyboards that will keep working after you give them something to drink. Maybe you should get one.;)

I once saw some show about cleaning the keyboards. They put the thing in a shower! That may clean the keys and the case, but when that water dries and leaves water residue inside the keyboard on the PC board, all those contacts under the keys become ruined! So much for clean showers!

RFB

That strikes me as being extremely stupid, putting your keyboard under a shower. Did they really recommend that? Or was it an example for how it shouldn't be done?

Last time I gave my keyboard sth to drink, it became ill...very ill. I think it went crazy and is now in keyboard-heaven.

No they were very serious! They actually put that keyboard under the shower head and let loose with regular water! I feel sorry for those that saw that and took their advice. After they showed that I changed the channel, but I wouldnt doubt they suggested to put the whole computer and monitor also in a shower!

RFB

Well the HAVE been known to have theme days in the past... Remember the "Guy's Kitchen" and all that? *lol*

If Tool Time were a show on its own, I'd actually change channels from the WC movie to watch it.

As we speak, LOAF unbeliever troops are being dispatched to my house. For any Swedes, think TT ;)

In my area of the US a hurricane named Floyd last year flooded a huge portion of the land and my basement wasn't as watertight as we thought so it flooded and my comp was in there, luckily unplugged. After it dryed out, the computer worked fine and I still use it today

Originally posted by Wedge009

I believe the Bengals would be too old to be still in use. This may also apply to the Ranger class carriers - I believed the Victory was used in desperate measures. The Confederation class was discontinued (blasted PTC, why can't you stay together?), and anyway, it has been stated in ICIS that the war-era fleet is being replaced by new ships.
[/B]

Just to remind you but the Ranger Class Light carriers are older than the Bengals by at least 20 years.

Originally posted by gryphon
Just a question... Were You watching "Tool Time"?

Youre not going to believe it, but it was on the cable access channel, the local school district was doing some deal on teaching computers for dummies on tv, thats where I saw the keyboard in the shower deal. Im not shure if any of the students got a job after that class. :D

RFB

Back