Would you like a CapShip with that?

HEHEHE, for the record...
This flythrough hangar stuff...
Bad for Confed, good for kitties :)
I loved flying straight through those Fralthi and scraping the unlaunched dralthi off the hangar decks (*Innocent Grin*)
I only wish they had little cats running around on the flight deck in panic, then it'd all be complete for me :)

But did anyone else ever notice that the turrets on the OUTSIDE of the ship can shoot you when you're in the hangar?
I found this in both WC3 and 4, I'd be inside the ship and have the lasers hitting me through the capship's hull!

I think they should put turreted lasers on the roof.
Make things more interesting.
That's not the only bug I noticed with the Vesuvius either.
Anyone else notice that if you hit the thing with a nuke externally it'll go bang, yet if you mace it inside the hangar it won't die? :)

Originally posted by $tormin
I am not giving up several of my missiles just to save the Lexington. And leech guns take too long :p
Hmm, I always managed to leech the Lexington without too much problem.

It seems to me that the trend is to introduce the player to a new capship every game. If and when we get a new WC, this is what I would expect. As we've discussed before, there probably isn't any scope for the addition of a new carrier class (development and construction taking so long and all that). Hence we'd be stationed on an existing carrier class.

I believe the Bengals would be too old to be still in use. This may also apply to the Ranger class carriers - I believed the Victory was used in desperate measures. The Confederation class was discontinued (blasted PTC, why can't you stay together?), and anyway, it has been stated in ICIS that the war-era fleet is being replaced by new ships.

I suppose it is possible that we could be restationed on the Midway or the Cerberus. But assuming that we are stationed on a new carrier with each game, I'd say we could expect to see Casey (or whatever new character they decide) on the TCS Eisen (or any other Vesuvius class vessel). Especially since the Vesuvii are still supposed to be the top-notch fleet carrier of the Confederation fleet.

Other possibilities might include the Plunkett-class cruiser - I believe it has a small complement of fighters, but that may be unlikely. I don't think the Murphy destroyer would carry many fighters either.

I'm guessing a Vesuvius-class carrier, in other words. :)

It's a given that a new WC game will have new ships. I just wish it'd be on the scale of WC3-4 and Prophecy-SecOps, as opposed to revamping the entire flight line. Personally, I'd think it'd be interesting to get posted to a Vesuvius...and get thrown against an entrie Bug strike force. Maybe name her the Concordia, for old times sake.

How about the Victory, then? Or the Coral Sea, or Ark Royal? Maybe Lexington, or Intrepid, maybe Tarawa or Tiger's Claw...ooh, how about Austin or Wolfsburg or Ranger or...

Sorry, I'm just a nostalgic fool. :)

Originally posted by Bob McDob
How about the Victory, then? Or the Coral Sea, or Ark Royal? Maybe Lexington, or Intrepid, maybe Tarawa or Tiger's Claw...ooh, how about Austin or Wolfsburg or Ranger or...

Sorry, I'm just a nostalgic fool. :)
I've already said there is unlikely to be a pre-Kilrathi war-era carrier still in combat use and the Intrepid is a Border Worlds ship. Perhaps one of the newer Midway carriers, but if I had to guess, I'd still say a Vesuvius-class carrier. We haven't been on one before, have we?

Erm...I was going more on names. Ya know, naming a Plunkett the TCS Intrepid, a Vesuvius the Concordia, etc. etc. I just feel more comfortable with an old, established name that has Smited thousands of Bad Guys behind me. :)

And is it just me, or is Wedge and a half dozen others who I can't name the only people on right now?

I really don't think reusing old names is such a good idea. It's probably a bit corny, and it'll add to confusion when you're discussing past and present capships.

I'm going home now, so it's just you. :)

Originally posted by Wedge009
I've already said there is unlikely to be a pre-Kilrathi war-era carrier still in combat use and the Intrepid is a Border Worlds ship. Perhaps one of the newer Midway carriers, but if I had to guess, I'd still say a Vesuvius-class carrier. We haven't been on one before, have we?

No, but I visited one long enough to leave a, shall we say, lasting impression? :D As a die hard Border Worlder, I would definitely love to see the Intrepid in action against the Nephilim. One of many reasons I'm looking forward to Unknown Enemy coming out.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Mav23
yeah, I hate being sent to an industructable ship where surival is a near certainty and the enemy stands no chance against my horrific combat skills :)

Difficult to destroy, maybe, but hardly indestructable. There is no defensive set-up that some-one can't find a way around. And generally speaking, the super ships in the WC universe have a very poor survival record.

Best, Raptor

Thanks Raptor! You saved me from having to talk to myself! (Which I already do, by the way ;))

How about a game that takes place before wc1!!!
Just imagine you could be stationed on a ranger class and war breaks loose and the kilrathi start anihilating the first colonies!

Originally posted by Raptor
As a die hard Border Worlder, I would definitely love to see the Intrepid in action against the Nephilim. One of many reasons I'm looking forward to Unknown Enemy coming out.
Heh... in that case, you might not be too happy with UE when it comes out... ;)

Originally posted by Cadfael
How about a game that takes place before wc1!!!
Just imagine you could be stationed on a ranger class and war breaks loose and the kilrathi start anihilating the first colonies!

That would be fun, but I'd really appreciate it if they would kill the bugs first. I hate it when they abandone storylines :(

YEAH! I CAN'T BELIEVE THOSE BASTARDS WOULD ABANDON A STORYLINE! Oh, wait, nobody abandoned anything, someboyd just said they wanted to see a game before WC1...

Back