Would you like a CapShip with that?

Mav23

Swabbie
Banned
If they made a new WC game, what kind of carrier would you like to be on? A Midway, Cerberus, Vesuvius,Concordia, Confederation (if those are still around), or another "you're our best pilots we've got so we're gonna' send you onboard a brand spankin' new ship that's untested but suppossed to be the best thing in space" CapShip?

I would personally like to be on the Midway again (it would be nice to be able to stay on ONE carrier between TWO games for once in my WC career), but only if you got to see MORE of the ship, like the bridge or the science lab or mess-hall or something like that.

So, what do you think?

Hmm... yes, it would be neat to revisit a ship - any ship (Midway, Lexington, Cerberus) - and perhaps see a bit more of it this time round. I suppose the Midway would be the most likely choice (IF a new game is made, and IF it uses an old ship, that is), which could be rather interesting.

They'de be crazy not to bring at least one of the oldies back for a second swing! I mean CRAY-A-A-A-ZY!!!!! Er, sorry. You get the point. Concordia, Concordia, where art thou Concordia?

want the victory back!!!
Vesuvius or midway are too big too many fighters!!
Just think of the vesuvius being attacked and 200-400 confed wingmen in space!!! That's the point when the player gets more or less useless!

well, for some reason in WCI-II, a scramble means that two pilots go up and defend the entire ships from about 10-20 badguys.

Oh, and Quarto, the Lexington was destroyed also... if you're referring to the Lexington from WCIV anyway. That's the only one I know of.

Originally posted by Mav23
Oh, and Quarto, the Lexington was destroyed also... if you're referring to the Lexington from WCIV anyway. That's the only one I know of.
Not necessarily. I for one leeched it (as did many others) -- you get a different cutscene, wherein the LEXINGTON is floating helplessly in space, but is not on fire or gutted.

well, which one is correct for canon then? If I was wrong in wiping it out that means I have to go all through WCIV again! :eek:

I love the Ranger class (victory) but id wish they'd bring back a bengal class, the very first one you're in and the coolest one... 'side from the victory of course! :)

why is he evil anyways.. wait... dont tell me i didnt play it yet... he looks ok in prophecy, i dont see him executing people left and right and dictating everyone and going on a power trip

him becoming an admiral or whatever is officially, the "bad" good ending to the game. less dialouge, Blair's not happy...

so, does it change anything else in the game except it floating, like are there extra missions, or more cutscenes, or what?

No, it only affects that particular cutscene.

Regarding the novel, while Blair does get promoted to Brig. General, he does not become the evil Blair that we see in the game's middle ending.

Back