Wing Commander Prophecy: Secret Ops Model Update Pack

DefianceIndustries

Rear Admiral
No that's the most recent version. The MUP install should replace the EXE and it should already have the noCD patch in it. Let me do a clean GOG install and I'll check the files.

DefianceIndustries

Rear Admiral
@marco999 - So I did a clean install using the GOG version of WCP as well as a reinstall of the MUP pack using the link provided. I was able to install and run everything fine. I did not get the CD error. The Prophecy EXE shows as last updated 4/1/2017. So it is the correct version.

Can you please walk me through the steps you did just so I can see if there's anything in there?

marco999

Veteran Spaceman
Hi DefianceIndustries,

I have tried again and now work normally.

But there is a problem If I copy the folder "movie" now don't play the videos in mp4 (now play only audio).

In my previous installation "OpenGL-WCP_setup.exe" I could play the hi-res video, but now it not possible.

I have copied my previous wcp installation to another folder with the some result.

After install and unistall the result not change.

Do you known how is possible solve ?

Do you known if your setup save something in registry/system32 or another folder external to my ?

Thanks !

Last edited:

gr1mre4per

Rear Admiral
I'm not sure if the gog version loads HCl's dll. Try this, there should be a wcpunl.ini file, edit it, there should be a [CustomDlls] section. Make sure the first line under it is: File1=wcphr.dll and see if this helps.

You'll need the wcphr.dll in the wcp directory, ofc!

marco999

Veteran Spaceman
Hi gr1mre4per,

I have updated the file: "wcpunl.ini"

//
[CustomDlls]
File1=wcphr.dll
ShowFailedDlls=0
[Gameplay]
TurretRefireFromBulletIff=0
[Graphics]
MaxFps=32
ShowFps=0
//

my file "wcphr.dll" is 2011.

The result don't change.

In the meantime do you have the source code of your mod "OpenGL-WCP_setup.exe" ?

Thanks !

Pedro

Admiral
The only fix I was looking into is the dll I already posted in your other thread.
If you aren't seeing/hearing movies at all it sounds like a codec issue.

marco999

Veteran Spaceman
Hi Pedro,

I have already copied the updated dll "gl_00007" you have sent me with some result.

Work only the audio but the screen is black (I see only the subtitles).

I don't sure if is a system codec issue, becouse I can play all of these videos with many players, but not with WCP.

My impression is that the installer "OpenGL-WCP_setup.exe" do something externally and not only write inside the folder.

Do you have the files inside "OpenGL-WCP_setup.exe" ? I like to see in deep what happen when I launch this setup.

Thanks !

Pedro

Admiral
Most players these days aren’t dependent on an external codec pack, I’d still try installing something like k-lite.

To the best of my knowledge everything the patch adds is in the game folder. @PopsiclePete put the installer together, he’d know for certain