Wing Commander miniatures game

Discussion in 'General Wing Commander Chat' started by Adm_maverick, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Adm_maverick

Adm_maverick Rear Admiral

So working on figuring out the scale for weapons and such. IE: What the highest numbers I should be dealing with and what are the smallest numbers? To that end I'm working on compiling data on the weapons. Just pulling info from WCPedit, tossing it into a spread sheet and formatting some charts with it. Couple little hiccups:
    1- Wing Commander Prophecy doesn't have all the weapons from previous games, so I'm working to extrapolate approximate stats for those other weapons based on the stats I do have.
    2- Some of the weapons were changed between WC4 and WCP (Mass driver being the most egregious example). So... I need to figure out what performance I should base the stats on.

Anyway, short version of what I'm going on about: The items highlighted in yellow are weapons that do not exist in Wing Commander Prophecy so I can't just pull numbers. So looking for some stupid checks.
    Basically help me out with the stats for Photon Canon, Reaper Canon, Neutron gun, and Fission cannon.

Best way to do this is to answer things like this:
    [weapon name] shoots further then [other weapon] but not as far as [other weapon 2].

numbers.png

stats.png

DefianceIndustries likes this.
  2. Adm_maverick

I had some inspiration tonight so I started cranking out some more pilot cards. Mainly so that when I get some more play testing in we have a variety of assets to work with. Because of the number of cards, I'll need to do this in sections. First up are the Kilrathi Aligned Pilots:
    card-builder(pilot)-blood sworn.png card-builder(pilot)-Prince Thrakath.png CardBuilder-(pilot[Ge’Rall nar Kilranka]).png CardBuilder-(pilot[Se’aka nar Caxki]).png CardBuilder-(pilot[Sek’a nar Dakier]).png

The Blood Sworn is my own devising. The idea is that the pilot has sworn some sort of oath on his Clan name or family line to accomplish some task. Thus he is Sworn to take out the enemy in question.

3. Adm_maverick

Now we have the Confederation Pilots. I grabbed a screen cap of Archer from the Academy tv show and made a card for her. I also pulled a couple pilot images into photoshop, chopped 'em up and altered them to come up with new pilots and characters.

CardBuilder-(pilot[Archer]).png CardBuilder-(pilot[Cadet]).png CardBuilder-(pilot[col blair]).png CardBuilder-(pilot[fire storm]).png CardBuilder-(pilot[Major blair]).png CardBuilder-(pilot[rookie]).png CardBuilder-(pilot[rookie])-2.png CardBuilder-(pilot[show stopper]).png CardBuilder-(pilot[spirit]).png CardBuilder-(pilot[wild card]).png CardBuilder-(pilot[Wise One]).png

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  4. Adm_maverick

What? Did you think I was done after the Confed Pilots? Not quite. Here we've got Renegades. Pilots who have left the war and now prey on all sides for their own survival. I came up with the Kilrathi term "Se'akir" to mean "With out clan" or "exile".

CardBuilder-(pilot[Ar’Kai Se’akir]).png CardBuilder-(pilot[Daimon Karnes]).png CardBuilder-(pilot[renegade-human-01]).png