Wing Commander miniatures game

AD

Finder of things, Doer of stuff
So working my way through your edits. I'll just list off any sections you edited that I have questions about.

page 1, under The Setup:
Decide how long a game you want to play. The more resources you decide to start with, the longer each battle will take. A 500 point game should be playable in under 30 minutes. Larger games with as many as 3,000 starting points could take several hours to play. [I highly recomment moving the decimal point to the left on all the point values and rounding to at least the nearest half point]

- um... what decimal points? Points are a bit wonky right now but there shouldn't be any decimals or half points.

And wow, you weren't kidding when you said the tables got messed up. But yeah, the comment about the points is the only question I ave right now (gotta love end of semester stresses).
I'm suggesting dividing all point values for game length and cost of fighters, pilots, and missiles etc. by 10. If you don't want to have to deal with fractions, then that will require rounding all the numbers up to the next whole number afterwards. This in some ways is more of a cosmetic change and should not affect the balance of how points are spent in the game's set up phase. I feel like it helps make things more accessible and I don't think it loses any nuance in buying strategy at all, but allows for numbers that are easier to wrap your head around and makes sense of at a quick glance.

Adm_maverick

Rear Admiral
I'm suggesting dividing all point values for game length and cost of fighters, pilots, and missiles etc. by 10. If you don't want to have to deal with fractions, then that will require rounding all the numbers up to the next whole number afterwards. This in some ways is more of a cosmetic change and should not affect the balance of how points are spent in the game's set up phase. I feel like it helps make things more accessible and I don't think it loses any nuance in buying strategy at all, but allows for numbers that are easier to wrap your head around and makes sense of at a quick glance.
I gotcha. Points are just not something I'm putting that much effort into dealing with right now. Right now I'm more focused on the raw mechanics. Just to have something to put under points, I've got a spreadsheet that takes the sum of the values for the ships burn, turn, Hull Points and shields, multiplies that by 10, then takes the number of guns, multiple by the cost of the type of guns, and the number of flares/decoys/ECM pods and multiples that by 1/5/15 depending on the type, and then adds all of that together to come up with a 'total points'.

Once I feel confident that the basic fighter mechanics are workable I'll look more closely at the points. Just off the top of my head I'd like to have the likes of the Lance, Devastator, and Excalibur being the most expensive ships and have them be under 500 points each.