Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Privateer

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Privateer 2

• Other

• Total voters
One thing, why is there a "Other" Option on the Poll, all the WC Games are listed, or is it for one of the fan made games like UE?

Originally posted by TopGun
One thing, why is there a "Other" Option on the Poll, all the WC Games are listed, or is it for one of the fan made games like UE?
In case i forgot one, which i did...( if you read back you'll find I didnt put up Privateer 1 and 2.... and then i got chewed out... which i deserved :D )

Awww nuts UE wasn't more deserving of a mention than Secret Ops? :(
Back to the drawing board ;)

Anyway I voted Wing Commander IV, it was everything I found great about the universe, ok so maybe it was the game which had the most dated combat engine for its time but it was also more of everything!
Intresting to see WCIV winning the poll given its sales but I think it only did badly due to the huge anti FMV campaign that was sweeping magazines at the time :p

Originally posted by Pedro
Awww nuts UE wasn't more deserving of a mention than Secret Ops? :(
Back to the drawing board ;)

Anyway I voted Wing Commander IV, it was everything I found great about the universe, ok so maybe it was the game which had the most dated combat engine for its time but it was also more of everything!
Intresting to see WCIV winning the poll given its sales but I think it only did badly due to the huge anti FMV campaign that was sweeping magazines at the time :p

What was FMV??? I never got to play WC4, so i wouldnt know about how good it was! :D

Originally posted by Ghost
Full Motion Video

How could people be against Full Motion Video... I thought it added something to it. Actually, other than the well developed plots, thats the main reason i like them more than other games! :D

I voted for WCIV. I am a story junkie. I got hooked with WC2's story. WC3 had a good story, and I liked the FMV in it. Then when I played and went through WCIV, I came as close to swooning then I ever will admit too. The story absolutely rocked.

Of course I was a little mad they killed off Vagabond, but Maniac made up for it with actually showing his human side in his grieving. I wish Origin would do a re-release of WC 1-4. Maybe even redo the graphics for 1 and 2. Of course, I also wish that EA would redo the Bard's Tale series.

Originally posted by Busu
I voted for WCIV. I am a story junkie. I got hooked with WC2's story. WC3 had a good story, and I liked the FMV in it. Then when I played and went through WCIV, I came as close to swooning then I ever will admit too. The story absolutely rocked.

Of course I was a little mad they killed off Vagabond, but Maniac made up for it with actually showing his human side in his grieving. I wish Origin would do a re-release of WC 1-4. Maybe even redo the graphics for 1 and 2. Of course, I also wish that EA would redo the Bard's Tale series.

I LOVED BARDS TALE!!! :D, but i only have the first one.... isnt there one that came out recently, like a Bard's Tale 3D or something, or do you only like the old dos ones?

After I posted, I remembered some Bard's Tale 3D thing. I think I will do a search and see whatever happened with that.

I'm going for WCIV too. It's plot was absolutely fantastic! I've only played the game 2 or 3 times, but each time round I raced through it all, just for the plot. The game play was pretty decent too, so next time I play I'll try to get more of the game play.

I hafta go with WC3, for sentimental reasons; It was my personal entry into the WC universe. I was so drawn INTO it that I actually found myself daydreaming of what capship/carrier combat in a space setting would be like (I'm a military aviation buff of sorts, so taking the same principles of carrier-based warfare and projection of power and setting 'em in a galactic level just blew my mind..).

The FMV/interactive movie aspect of it also really helped me to get into the storyline, identify with the characters, etc.,...man, I actually felt like I was a PART of what was going on!... SCHWEET!... I was so hooked I said to m'self "man, I gotta go out and get the other games in this series", and the rest is history.

Of course, I was kinda disappointed that the WC1/2 graphix were kinda cartoony, but I reasoned tjhat it was the state of the art for its day (which it was). Then, when I found out there was a WC4, well... :cool:

My first Wc game was Wc1 (Amiga500).From it I got Hooked.Then after 5 years I played Wc4 in my new Pc.Then I got Hooked again.Now I got em all,and I dunno why but these 2.My 2 first Wc games are my favorites.Maybe they are not the Best Wc games,but for me maybe for sentimental reasons (as Preacher said) are in the Top of the series.

To add a little bit: WC4 technically was similar to WC3 (and in some ways was better), but by the time I got WC4, I already had all the player guides, so I kinda knew what was coming; in WC3 it was all new to me. Still, I guess I'd hafta rate WC4 #2 on my list (again, 'cuz WC3 was my entry point). I can only guess here, but I'd bet if I came in at WC1 or 2, I prolly wouldn't have gotten as hooked as I did (The better graphix and FMV really drew me in to the story line/characters, etc.)...

i know some of you fans of the old games are really gonna hate me for saying this... but my favorite game would have to be prophecy :D

prophecy was great, but, being that they never continued the story, it left me wanting more. yes i know about WCP:SO, but thats an add-on, not WCP2 or WC:Retribution, or WC:Climax.

So i'd have to say
1. WC3
2. WCP+SO
3. WC4, especially the DVD version
4. WC2
5. WC1, but mainly only as i didn't play it until 2000

Originally posted by WildWeasel
Why do people keep saying that? Secret Ops is an independent game. It's Wing Commander VI.

Humm... can't really agree with either side. Of course it's not an add-on, but lacks some punch that would have made it the 6th in the series.

Plotwise, it's situated more on the sidelines of the action. Production-wise, no movies (CGI or FMV), It's more like Serpents Isle in the Ultima series, which was called Ultima VII part 2. Ultima 8 came after...

Not that this is by any chance important, anyway.

Back