• Privateer

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Privateer 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Depends on your definition of exact -- there are differences between the engines for each game. The WC2 (and Privateer) engines are improvements of the one developed for WC1,

<snip>

There certainly were many *changes* made -- tractor beams were added, the ability to display in-game cutscenes, and so forth. But the actual development of the game was based on the code of the previous... whereas WC3 and WCP built their engines from the ground up.

Hummm... Can you research this thing on wc2's engine? is there anyone to consult on this matter?

I'm still not convinced they just improved fthe original tech for wc2...

And delace is right, you always have only two different fighter types around at the same time in wc1.

Well, I was looking at the alt.games.wing-commander FAQ and take a look on what I found. Apparently, back in 1999 we used the following abbreviations:

Code:
WCP - Wing Commander Prophecy 
WC5 - Wing Commander Prophecy 
WC6 - The Sequel to Prophecy and Secret Ops 
SO - Wing Commander Secret Operations 
WC5.5 - Wing Commander Secret Operations 
WCSO - Wing Commander Secret Operations

Of course the numeric designations are completely unofficial since Origin dropped the numbers, so it's better to use WCP and WCSO or SO. And we still expected a "WC6" to be released. Paraphrasing Blair on WCIV: "Never say never".

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember actually ever seeing anyone use WC5 (well, after the name Prophecy was released) or WC5.5 (after the plans changed from having an actual addon)

Well, I didn't write most of that part, I don't remember who came up with WC5. I remember I added some abbrev. like T-Bolt and Vind. :)

Originally posted by Aries
??????? :confused:

Just nod, and back away... slowly...

I have used WC5 for a month or two after the Prophecy name was released. the other's I have no idea. :(

Back