what is the capital of the borderworld union?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized it when someone below posted it, but wasn't Torgo a major Confed system with a big base and maybe an important HQ? I find it hard to believe that Confed ceded that system to the Union..., well apparently they did.

You get me wrong, once again... no surprise. I seem to have an innate ability to make myself misunderstood.

I do not go to Speardon in order to stock up on fighters, or give the UBW a fighting chance if negotiations fail... I do so because what we are hunting for is secret new Confed fighters, and what they are building in Speardon are secret, marked Confed fighters... Believing that these new Bearcats may give us a clue to where the secret Confed fighters are produced, or what their capabilities are, I choose to have a closer look at Speardon, in order to scrutinize Confed's new technology... As I said, Circe will still be around in a week, but right now we need every shred of evidence we can think of, because IMO, the BW case holds as much water as Prince Gilkarg halfway through his scream...

BTW, You don't KNOW about the IFF codes beforehand, so it shouldn't affect Your choice... I'd always save civilian lives, but the ntrepid can't get bogged down in a civil war, not now when every minute counts. Imagine the lives lost when Confed declares war. Believing I have to stop this at all costs, I pick Speardon to get more evidence.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Heh, not just the Europeans, how about the Africans or the Asians? ;)

What about the world's greatest nation....Australia?

And the UFP's President's office was in Paris, it doesn't necessarily mean the Council meets there. (I'd say it meets in San Francisco where Starfleet Academy is...)

And UBW? Who cares? :D

Oh, then it was rather damaged and no such great loss when ceded to the UBW?
Thanks, do we get this to know in the WC3 novel?

Originally posted by redwolf
Heh, not just the Europeans, how about the Africans or the Asians?

And the UFP's President's office was in Paris, it doesn't necessarily mean the Council meets there. (I'd say it meets in San Francisco where Starfleet Academy is...)

And UBW? Who cares?

They destroyed my home in Starship Troopers........:(

I`M FROM BUENOS AIRES

Don't feel bad, Ghost. Paul Verhoven is a terrible director, he'll get his come-uppance in the next life
when I re-incarnate him as a slug or a Republican (No Difference).

I have no doubt that your from Beunos Aries. I just doubt that Paul Verhoven should be allowed to live.

Besides, that movie hacked a brilliant novel.

Originally posted by LeHah
I have no doubt that your from Beunos Aries. I just doubt that Paul Verhoven should be allowed to live.

And that is why? What do you dislike in the man or perhaps what film do you dislike so much.

Insult Republicans again and I may just turn red i the face and never talk to You again. So there.

(I led the absentee ballot committee for local emigrated American citizens for the Republcan party)

Originally posted by Ghost
Originally posted by redwolf
Heh, not just the Europeans, how about the Africans or the Asians?

And UBW? Who cares?

They destroyed my home in Starship Troopers........:(

I`M FROM BUENOS AIRES

yeah they blew it up with a rock shot at us with bug fart :D

The movie is crap. The actual book is about Heinlein's social commentary on the military and the justice system.

The movie was an action movie, and not a terribly good one at that. It also had GLARING errors...Dizzy is a man! DIZZY'S SUPPOSED TO BE A MAN! PEOPLE IN BUENOS AIRES SPEAK SPANISH! THE SKY MARSHAL DIDN'T RUN THE GOVERNMENT! AAAAGGH!

The Bugs, in the book, had spaceships and other such things...which they DIDN'T have in the movie.

They still could have mixed action and the original book, like in Starship Troopers: Terran Ascendancy. Great game.

[Edited by Nep Parth on 05-22-2001 at 13:26]

Originally posted by Nep Parth
The movie is crap. The actual book is about Heinlein's social commentary on the military and the justice system.

The Bugs, in the book, had spaceships and other such things...which they DIDN'T have in the movie.
I didn't think that the movie was THAT bad. It was just a campy sci-fi flick. I'll agree that it had very little in common with the book beyond the title and main character but that happens all the time (Lost World, Stephen King's Running Man, etc etc). It probably said somewhere in the credits "loosely based on the novel...".

It wasn't just badly written, it wasn't logical...they put out Starship Troopers toys, then they make the movie rated R because of two totally unesscessary breast shots. And why didn't they just bomb the whole planet in the movie version? The Bug's tunnels didn't go that far down...

And why did they insist on mass dropping the troops? Why didn't they just send one ship in at a time, so it could effectively dodge the plasma shots? Stupid Sky Marshall...

And why did the captain congradulate Carmen and that other guy when they destroyed a major portion of the ship?

Well, I like this movie.
But I have never read the book so I understand your point when you think the movie is to far from the novel.

I have the same feeling than you about Dune (David Lynch). Most a my friends think it is a great movie. But I am a fan of the novels and I HATE this movie!

Dear God, who in their right mind would like David Lynch's version of Dune?

I liked the Sci-fi version much, much better. It's far easier to actually UNDERSTAND. I didn't need a pamphlet handed to me to explain the terminology...

And, the Sci-Fi version was a big success. Lynch's version is much, much darker than my tastes prefer. That, and the girls in the Sc-fi version are much, much cuter...

I see Starship Troopers, the flick, and Starship Troopers, the book as two completely unrelated stories... they don't exactly have much in common, and both appeal to me, the book for its lucid commentary on the state of a nation in discord, the movie for the great yellowish-green guts... I mean, the movie wasn't any more about Heinlein's book than Last Action hero was about Charles Dickens, but hey, cheap thrills are great...

IMO, ST had the best mix of CGI/models I have ever seen. To this day I considerit as the finest display of special effects used well. Although films like Hollow man and the Freelancer intro film come damn close...

And V'ger in ST1 was AMAZING for its day. So there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back