Tolwyn's silly cape in WC2

The WC3 novel is not the only source which tells us Locanda was destroyed with bioweapons. The August page of the calendar that comes with KSaga (and therefore, a game source!) tells us that on 2669.233, Locanda, Trafalgar, and Delius were destroyed with bioweapons.

Selective reading is a funny thing :).

The article says that they ignored the games, except for the storyline. Thus, I fail to see how this proves the WC Movie's non-WCness.

Did you fail to see the part where it says: "from a design stand point, everything is fresh."

Yes they kept the main story. they had to. it woudn't be wing commander if they didn't.

Yes, from a visual design standpoint, everything is fresh. But that's nothing new - almost every WC game tries to refresh the visuals.

I go out for one morning... <G>

The games and books are both canon.

The Lexington is a Concordia class fleet carrier. Concordia class fleet carriers have similar deck plans to the Confederation class dreadnoughts. Both of these facts are stated in the WCIV novel.

As for the movie -- there are quotes from those involved stating all of the following.

- They hope it will add to the existing WC timeline (from the AV press kit).
- They ignored the WC timeline (that article, sort of).
- They were really worried about making it relevent to the WC timeline. (Freddie PRinze Jr.)

Now *there's* a continuity error... in *REAL LIFE*! (So... they do exist!)

... and it's *Bill* Forstchen <G>

THANK YOUUUU!!!
If everybody agrees with what Earthworm just said, mpanty is a happy man... :):)

Can't be... they contradict each other... How can you deny the WC IV situation LOAF?

Quite easily actually. (Actually it depends on which issue you're talking about. Most things can be explained away)

TC

I just explained the WCIV situation.

The Lexington is a Concordia class carrier. This is stated in both WCIV and the WCIV novel.

The Lexington has a similar deck layout to a Confederation class carrier. This is stated in the novel.

The fact that the Lexington has a layout similar to a Confederation class carrier is not contradicted by the game.

Thus, it is canon that the Lexington is a Concordia class carrier and that Concordia class carriers have similar layouts to Confederation class carrier.

Mais non!!!!!

I'm not talking about the Concordia-Lexington situation!!!
Oh good Lord, do we have to get into that again? :mad:

I'm talking about the Blair-Sosa-Catscratch relationship, the differences in flying the missions, the fact that Vagabond and Catscratch "disappear" in the novel... :)

[Edited by mpanty on 03-22-2001 at 21:56]

Originally posted by Wedge009
And I recall LOAF saying games take precedence over anything else... but I guess what LOAF says, goes, huh?
This was posted by me on 19.08.2000 in the "Pardon my ignorance..." thread. Admittedly, you could argue that my memory at the time of writing was incorrect,but I'm still looking for where LOAF said it.

Someday I'll be vindicated! Or maybe not... :)

Blair is attracted to Sosa in the game, but nothing ever comes of it.

Blair is attracted to Sosa in the book, but nothing ever comes of it.

Thus, it is canon that Blair is attracted to Sosa, but that nothing ever came of it.

Vagabond and Catscratch defect to the Border Worlds in the game

Vagabond and Catscratch are never mentioned as having defected to the Border Worlds or not in the book.

Thus, it is canon that Vagabond and Catscratch defected to the Border Worlds...

The games do take precedence over anything else -- if they have to. And they never do <G>

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Blair is attracted to Sosa in the game...
I still say this is debatable and open to interpretation. When I see that scene, I feel that Blair is actually happy to see them together and is only teasing them. And I don't recall any 'shock' or 'disappointment' to be played on Blair when reading the WC4 script...

Still, these are only a couple of examples anyway.

AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!! Why does it appear as if LOAF has to be always correct??? ;)

*Groan*... I'm sorry, but between Catscratch and Sosa there's definitely something going on, in the game...
Thus it is canon that Catscratch and Sosa are way more than friends, additional proof: Sosa's reaction when you do/do not bring Catscratch back in an ejection pod...

In the novel, Sosa and Blair are attracted to each other, and Sosa admits she had a crush on Blair when she was younger... she admits she still has a crush... she's ready to put it a step further, but Blair hesitates too much, nothing happens...
CONTRADICTION: Sosa can't be dating Catscratch and flirt with Blair at the same time... technically she can, but it just doesn't happen...

It is hinted that something will happen between Blair and Sosa AT THE END of the novel (cf "This new assignment was starting... very well indeed"), it again CONTRADICTS the game (because Blair ends up being a flight instructor/admiral)...

But enough nitpicking, as long as we don't say that the game and the novels can CO-EXIST, I'm happy...
I 100% agree with what Earthworm said: the novels are as canon as the games, as long as they don't contradict these games... Enough said... :)

I see, I always thought that scene was a bit corny.

And was it EW who said it? That might explain my confusion.

Back