Tolwyn's silly cape in WC2

No, his demotion from Vice Admiral to Rear Admiral was voluntary -- so he could command fleets in action.

Tolwyn'w cape In WC2 !? Are you guys getting short in thread topics or what? Don't miss my next thread : "Why the hell that in 600 years from now the flight suits will be exactly the same from the ones we have now". :)

Wolf Tango Foxtrot!

When was Maniac demoted? He was promotod from Lieutennant to Major sometime before SO2, and he's been a Major ever since.

oke i'll bite:)

same as today? noway, ever seen a Gforce suit? they're sight as hell, and the suits in WC and kinda baggie

Originally posted by Twister

same as today? noway, ever seen a Gforce suit? they're sight as hell, and the suits in WC and kinda baggie

Oh God! It's even worst that I thought! The thread's name will be: " Why the hell that in 600 years from now the flight suits used in a galactic war will be kinda baggie".

As the old adage goes, Shooter, if you don't have anything nice to say, I'll ban your ass. :) Some people are enjoying this thread, please let them be...

Livid: We're talking about Tolwyn -- but Maniac was demoted after WCIV (he made Colonel at the end of the game).

O.K., O.K.... Don´t have to kick any of my body parts. About Tolwyn's cape, probably it was some cerimony outfit. I guess.

I know we were talking about Tolwyn, but it was mentioned, and I just had to know.

How do you know he was promoted? If it was in a book, I don't buy it. We've been told that when books and games contradict eachother, we should follow the games.

We've been told that when books and games contradict eachother, we should follow the games.

Who the hell told you that? In Wing Commander everything's canon, it isn't like Star Wars where there's levels of canonicity.

TC

Actually, I believe LOAF said he takes games ahead of novels, but it isn't a hard and fast (Someone even said insert juvenile sex joke here) rule.

No way, we'll have to wait for the man himself to comment, but I distinctly remember (back in the time when I was a newbie here) someone asking what happens if there's a conflict between the games and the novels, and a high-up here said to go with the games as the primary source.

Back on 2-24 in the thread "Canon? Official? Apocrypha?" LOAF said:
----------
Back when they had people who commented on such things publically, Origin's stance was that anything licensed by them was 'canon', and anything else was apocr... that other thing.
----------

So, that would make the books as canon as the games.

Nope, the books are not licensed by Origin, so what LOAF said does not include them...
Wait a minute, I'm not sure about this... are the books in fact licensed by Origin, or are they merely giving the authors ("working" for Baen Books) the permission to use the WC universe as background? :confused:

Of course they are licensed. Especially because on the back of all the books it says "Wing Commander is a registered trademark of ORIGIN Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Used herein under license from ORIGIN Systems, Inc." You just don't get permission on stuff like that when money is involved.

The books were all licensed by Origin -- Origin even got copies to edit before they were printed.

And they're fully canon, equal to games... you're probably thinking of the fact that in a game situation with multiple paths, the novels tell us which paths were taken <G>

(And Maniac's promotion was in the TPOF novel (duh), but the fact that he was *actually* promoted and demoted comes from an AGWC post by Chris McCubbin...)

What about things like in the novel it says that the Lexington is a Confederation class ship? Im sure there are other discrepencies.

Back