Swarmer missiles

I liked the Stormfire...Good, solid gun...fired quick, too, and man could it BLOW! Didn't use the leech too much, though...never really did "get it".
But then again, I guess the subtle tricks of ammo-sensitive and power-draining guns were beyond WCIV's trigger-happy AI (yes, I know, the leech OVERLOADS power, not sucks it...same thing to me, though).

They never used the special weapons in WC4, that is sad but true. I found the Stormfire was the most powerful gun in the game. You could take down a destroyer with it really fast. And fighters would be blown to bits equally fast and I almost never ran out of ammo. The Scatter gun was only good at short range but gave the Banshee the extra firepower. Leech were useful at slowing down Arrows, especially when flying the Avenger. Arguably the Leech was the most powerful weapon because you needed less shots to neutralize a foe than with any other gun (except Fission gun). But it happened very often to me, that when I leeched an enemy I found myself crashing into it :( .

I don't remember them using them either. Perhaps the AI didn't know that it had a killer weapon. Either that, or the pilots liked dying trying to get a torpedo lock. You know, old school....:)

LOL! I can just see the fighter pilots rubbing their hands when they see an entire bomber squadron flying slow, straight and steady at their target. It must seem like Christmas. ;)

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Shane
If only the rest of the bug cap ships were as well defended as the Triton. For the bigger Cap Ships, I usually used a mix of Plasma gun and torp and would take them out on one pass.

What I hated was my wingmen wasting torp after torp on the Tritons. That used to drive me nuts when I was flying the Shrike, and knew that my own torps were all that could be counted on to finish the mission.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
I would like such a craft better for killing Capships than a Devastator or a Shrike.

Can't please everyone. ;)

I cannot remember any wingman using the Dev's Plasma against Capships.

Strange thing was that I saw them using against fighters all the time! :)

As I understand it, the pilot AI didn't *know* the gun would work on capships. It treated it like any other gun and therefore did not fire at capship components with it.

TC

That is stupid. The wingmen with their low AI attack fighters with the plasma and they hit very seldom. Now a target that is big enough to be hit by them (Capships), they do not fire at it. How inefficient.

That is stupid. The wingmen with their low AI attack fighters with the plasma and they hit very seldom. Now a target that is big enough to be hit by them (Capships), they do not fire at it. How inefficient.

Perhaps you should just rewrite the whol AI module. Let us know when you are done!:)

Nah, if the wingman AI gets better they would start stealing your kills. ;)

Wake up !!! They actualy steal your kill sometimes (esp. when your gun power is low, and you need one shot to finisch it. Your mingman flies happy towards it, and fries it...)

No need to shout iCe, I am awake. :)
OK, sometimes your wingmen steal your kills but this is more coincidence. If they get smarter they will steal even more kills.

hey Raptor you are leader of the Vindicator cult? Where can I offer a sacrifice to this best and most likeable fighter of WC4?

If the AI was really good, it would recognize that you are attacking that fighter and unless you call for help wont intercede. Ive seen it done in Prophecy.

What? I never saw that. I still long for the communication order "Ignore my target" that every other si-fi game has I know. And of course the "Return to base" should be re-added.

Back