Swarmer missiles

Its keeps the bandwith down, but it was sixty seconds four days ago before i left for my camping trip. It was rough, four days not being able to discuss WC with anyone (shudder)

I acutally was with people but they either just get this glazed over look or outright tell me to shut up. They like the drawings though, just cause it was something to look at besides forest :)

Can it be? Are there still people whou have not seen the light? The bright shining light of WC? Those poor ignorants. :)
And with the Dev you really do not need any torps. I never understood why they did not strip the Dev of all torps, lower her shields and armour a bit, increase the top speed and maneuvrability and bam: You get a superior fighter-
bomber.Perhaps replace the turrets with a couple of fast firing guns in the front. That would be a nice ship.

Devestator, Dogfighter

I would prefer to have the Devestator's shield regenerate more quickly. If you could reduce the power requirements,
and refire dely of the plasma cannon, then I would say trade
armor, for speed.

Dropping the torpedoes would probably help the maneuverability -- but it wouldn't affect the plasma cannon stats.

That said, dropping the torps is a bad idea... why? Because torpedoes *always* come back in style. Just because guns are starting to once again damage capships doesn't mean they will be able to forever...

But as long as they do, they could make a fighter-bomber with a Plasma gun, 2-3 PulseParticles in the front, a small missile loadout and decent armor/shields/speed. I bet that ship would be more effective at killing Capships than a Shrike or Devastator. Or let it put me that way: I would like such a craft better for killing Capships than a Devastator or a Shrike.

After the first round in a Devistator, I never used any torps at all to take down capships. Just the Plasma gun, which seemed a bit odd for a gun weapon taking down a big capship. But that left all those torps in my loadout to make up for my wing that wasted all their torps shooting at already dead targets!

RFBurns

Yes, that may be true. And I guess we will always have to fly those awful bombers, they are part of the game (although I think they suck!). :)

And RFBurns, almost as dumb as firing torpedoes at dead capships is when they fire one torpedo after another at the Triton's engine in SOPS and every time the torps are shot down by the rear turret. But they will not destroy that turret. I saw a Shrike firing all of her 8 torps at a Triton and never hitting the engine. That is wasting!

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Yes, that may be true. And I guess we will always have to fly those awful bombers, they are part of the game (although I think they suck!). :)

And RFBurns, almost as dumb as firing torpedoes at dead capships is when they fire one torpedo after another at the Triton's engine in SOPS and every time the torps are shot down by the rear turret. But they will not destroy that turret. I saw a Shrike firing all of her 8 torps at a Triton and never hitting the engine. That is wasting!

Indeed, I often wondered if the AI in the enemies are smarter than the wing AI! I just hit AB and head straight for those capships and fire away with that Plasma!! If only that Devistator could recharge its gun energy a bit faster, time to party!! :D

RFBurns

It's true, I cannot remember any wingman using the Dev's Plasma against Capships. But my memory is as bad as I am lazy. :)

If only the rest of the bug cap ships were as well defended as the Triton. For the bigger Cap Ships, I usually used a mix of Plasma gun and torp and would take them out on one pass.

It's true, I cannot remember any wingman using the Dev's Plasma against Capships. But my memory is as bad as I am lazy. :)

I don't remember them using them either. Perhaps the AI didn't know that it had a killer weapon. Either that, or the pilots liked dying trying to get a torpedo lock. You know, old school....:)

It's true, I cannot remember any wingman using the Dev's Plasma against Capships (...)

BTW, I don't remember wingmen even using those "special" guns in WC IV either!! :mad:

You know, those cool Stormfires, Leech guns...
They never used them!! How wasteful was that? :(

Back