Swarmer missiles

Originally posted by Supdon3
If the AI was really good, it would recognize that you are attacking that fighter and unless you call for help wont intercede. Ive seen it done in Prophecy.

I never saw this happen, they always tried to take my kills! But I have a fix for that, just dont order them to do anything until the last minute! Maybe when theres one or two enemies left! :D

RFBurns

Yes, but it is annoying that when you turn to follow an enemy and your wingmen try to keep formation and block your line of sight.

I had a wingman fly right into one of my swarm missles once, ticked me off too! Then the whole damb universe was after me!! They must fly blind or something!!

RFBurns

Oh yes, that sucks. If you shoot accidentally your wingman (mostly because he is so stupid to fly in your line of fire), everybody gets mad at you. It had the 1st place in my list of "most annyoing deaths/mission failures". In Wc2 it ws also very annoying.

I killed maniac once... it was great ! i fired a missle in my panther at a moray, that dopehead comes burning in, and flies himself straight into the missile trajectory. boom !!! i'll never forget it... it was great !

All plotline characters in Prophecy and SO will only eject, they don't die unless scripted to.

TC

Always sucks when a wingman tailing a ship I'm targetting cops the plasma shot that was meant for the bug.

Nowhere near as much as copping a plasma burst from those visually impaired gunners aboard the Cerberus. :)

Best, Raptor

Yes, that happened to me too. But if LOAF saw what you wrote he probably would tell you that you are the one who is visually impaired for flying into the straight line of Cerberus' fire. He's got a point you know, but nevertheless it happened to me often enough to understand you.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
(...) if LOAF saw what you wrote he probably would tell you that you are the one who is visually impaired for flying into the straight line of Cerberus' fire. (...)

LOL Mekt!! :D
See that, LOAF? We've been here for barely a month, and we already know you better than... er... people who have been here less than a month, that is... :)

It's easy enough when you're travelling against the flow of plasma fire, but when you're travelling in the same direction as the plasma - and you don't really have a rear view mirror :) - it's much harder to avoid the blasts. Especially when you're gunning for the same target as the plasma weapon.

Okay, so LOAF suggested to pick another target... it's not so simple in some cases, such as when your target is a Manta bomber, or a Barracuda you need to kill to complete the bonus...

I haven't got time to try that at home, but where does the rear view go? In the place of the enemy ship camera view?

Ah, that'll probably be much more useful. The ship camera was only really good for IDing Manta bombers in defence missions.

Originally posted by Zor Prime
So you want a rear view mirror eh? Hit ctrl-f4 bub. It works like a charm!;)

I tries that once and discovered the truth of the old saying: "Man with eyes in back of head...fall flat on face." :) I was so busy checking that view I didn't watch where I was flying.

Best, Raptor

Back