Selling my Shrikwrapped Kilrathi Saga!

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
They are already high enough...

Only certain things. I've gotten a sealed WC2 for $5.00, and a very good condition WC3 for $8.00. I've seen original WC1's going for a few dollars too. KS and End Run are the only things I really see going for big money.

Originally posted by RFBurns
Other than what you mentioned about the changes, there are a few things that are benificial in KS compared to the original versions. For one, the games seem to run much smoother, and controls seem to be more responsive. I like the fact that I can use my digital joystick with it. The printed material is excellent also. I just like the fact that I can click a shortcut and play WCI and II and III without the need for a dos boot!

RFB

Well that sounds interesting, as I have always had a few joystick problems with WC1/2 dos, if I moved the stick too hard, joystick control disappeared...
But I am saving money so that I can by a VW Käfer (Beetle) so I think i will not buy WCKS...

One has to set priorities... :)
Well, KS does not work with my Joystick (a Flightstick CH), although it works fine with WCP.

One has to set priorities... :)
Well, KS does not work with my Joystick (a Flightstick CH), although it works fine with WCP.
Well lets say it this way: Girls are easier to be impressed by your car than by your WC flying skills...

Hehe. True for some girls. One girl once asked me to show her WCP. She never asked for it again... :)

Ok lets try: Hey do you want to go home with me and see me playing Wing Commander? Well I've never tried this one, but I think it won't work...

Oh, you could offer her to fly herself and you show her how to do it... ;)

Maybe this works, but here in Denmark it is better not to mention that you have computer games, as you are likely to be called a freak...

BTW, (have I asked this before?) Mekt Hakkikt sounds very finnish, what does your nickname mean?

I took it from C.J. Cherryh's science-fiction series "Chanur". It is the title for highest leader of the Kif, a belligerent race which I favored in the series. There are also cat-like aliens, the Hani,( they are the heroes) but I did not like them very much. Their society is ruled by women ;)

I took it from C.J. Cherryh's science-fiction series "Chanur". It is the title for highest leader of the Kif, a belligerent race which I favored in the series. There are also cat-like aliens, the Hani,( they are the heroes) but I did not like them very much. Their society is ruled by women ;)

Oh no... Well at least the WC cats are real man!

Yes. :)
I thik I'll leave know, becasue I atill have some work to do and I don't want to go to bed too late.

Good night.

Yes. :)
I thik I'll leave know, becasue I atill have some work to do and I don't want to go to bed too late.

Good night.
Ok well I have to do a lot of homework (we have holidays right now but the ABi is near...)

Gute nacht!

Ha! I already passed it one week ago (at least the written tests, now I have to prepare for the oral one)...
Gute Nacht.

Ha! I already passed it one week ago (at least the written tests, now I have to prepare for the oral one)...
Gute Nacht.

And you do not have to do it in Danish...

Manche wissen gar nicht wie gut sie es haben... auf Deutsch, und dann noch in NRW (not to imply anything, I went to school there, too so it is ok)
Naja gute nacht

It really saddens me to discuss Kilrathi Saga.

Really (sob).

I thought I could keep it in a very good state, considering it was the last WC I bought before the Indonesian crises. Well... it was also the last computer game my mother paid for me.

I first lost the box during one of my 'evacuations'. When the capital city was going under riots, my family evade to the South. My dad told me to take up my personal effects, importantly, my original computer games. Just in case.

I stashed in several other CDs into the KS box...

But after the riots and cleaning up some issues, I discovered the CDs intact, but no sign of the box. Perhaps I lost it somewhere around my house (which is also a home office).

That's the least of my sadness.

---

The jewel case, containing five of KS discs plus one old classical Privateer... suddenly disappeared from my own room/living room/computer room (read: house). And till date I haven't seen it again.

MAN!!!

Somebody once offered to buy my discs just for collection, and he was willing to pay good money. But I refused to sell KS just as a simple decorating item, but because of its intrinsic and gaming value.

---

KS... KS... the only thing which remains is its reference card, installation guide, and a pretty damaged (and old looking) Blair's scrapbook... which might really sell for scrap.

I want to cry.... :(
:(

-Arvin

Originally posted by Sonntag
Gute Nacht.

And you do not have to do it in Danish...

Manche wissen gar nicht wie gut sie es haben... auf Deutsch, und dann noch in NRW (not to imply anything, I went to school there, too so it is ok)
Naja gute nacht

Wow,wow: I live in Hessen. Wiesbaden is the capital of it, don't you forget. :)
Still, you are right that I am glad I could write my Abitur in my maternal language (now, stop that's French, uh, I mean in the language of the country I live in. ;)) Good luck!

And TheFraix, you really have my sympathy. It does not provide you with anything but still...

Wow,wow: I live in Hessen. Wiesbaden is the capital of it, don't you forget. :)
Still, you are right that I am glad I could write my Abitur in my maternal language (now, stop that's French, uh, I mean in the language of the country I live in. ;)) Good luck!
[/B]

Ok sorry, Hessen is of course much better... :) Well good luck with your exam, too... French? Je n'aime pas Französich... My teacher was worse than me (and I was a beginner... Danish people cannot speak French... Well I wrote Je faire, which of course was completely wrong. She corrected it to Je fait... Well at least I got a 10 during exam last year, which means 1- in Germany... Even though I cannot speak French very well. We once had a few French girls on exchange here, and when I spoke French to them, they just laughed and asked "Do you want to go to bed with me" (in English)

Or maybe my French was too god, who knows?

Originally posted by TheFraix

Really (sob).

I thought I could keep it in a very good state, considering it was the last WC I bought before the Indonesian crises. Well... it was also the last computer game my mother paid for me.

I first lost the box during one of my 'evacuations'. When the capital city was going under riots, my family evade to the South. My dad told me to take up my personal effects, importantly, my original computer games. Just in case.

I stashed in several other CDs into the KS box...

But after the riots and cleaning up some issues, I discovered the CDs intact, but no sign of the box. Perhaps I lost it somewhere around my house (which is also a home office).

That's the least of my sadness.

---

The jewel case, containing five of KS discs plus one old classical Privateer... suddenly disappeared from my own room/living room/computer room (read: house). And till date I haven't seen it again.

MAN!!!

Somebody once offered to buy my discs just for collection, and he was willing to pay good money. But I refused to sell KS just as a simple decorating item, but because of its intrinsic and gaming value.

---

KS... KS... the only thing which remains is its reference card, installation guide, and a pretty damaged (and old looking) Blair's scrapbook... which might really sell for scrap.

I want to cry.... :(
:(

-Arvin

Never a good thing to hear about something like this, especially when the situations are out of your control. I hope that things are better now for you and your family. Dont give up in finding or replacing your collection! Keep the faith brother!!

RFB

Originally posted by TheFraix

Well this is very sad indeed and I am very sorry for you. I think it is very important that people work together to avoid that these things do not happen in the future, but unfortunately, we see that riots and terror is rising all over the world, a very alarming trend. Well it is very sad that you lost your KS edition, I don't know whether there is any possibility to get a manual from Origin, but unfortunately I think this is very unlikely

Back