mr kat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Beast Wars, but I didn't really get into it. As I die hard fan of the original show (back during the 80s), I always cringed when I heard names like "Optimus Primal". And don't even get me started on Megatron, who isn't a patch on the orignial.

Best, Raptor

Shotglass? I thought he'd be dead of old age by now... If he survived becoming dead in the TC go kaboom incident... But I guess we never knew for sure...

Well I don't know about You but I think that's great... Nice to see that the first person Blair ever met on the TC is still alive after he's dead... Serves as some measure of continuity...

Originally posted by Raptor

I watched Beast Wars, but I didn't really get into it. As I die hard fan of the original show (back during the 80s), I always cringed when I heard names like "Optimus Primal". And don't even get me started on Megatron, who isn't a patch on the orignial.

Best, Raptor

In the last episodes Megatron has the Spark of the original Megatron

Originally posted by gryphon
Back i the day I owned 214 Transformers :)

I was a major, major, major fan of the show...

I *still* collect Transformers, especially now that I've discovered on-line trading. Heck of a strain on the budget, but well worth it. :D

Best, Raptor

Personally I think it gets too much with both of them... Like Dallas and Doomsday on the same ship, You know?
But Dallas and Doomsday did serve on the same ship :).

Hmm, wasn't there a dallas in WC2, only briefly mentioned. Wasn't he Stingray's wingman and got shot down?
Ah, all those fuzzy memories...

He was ideed Stingray's wingman, and he was indeed shot down after his fighter went through an unlikely series of malfunctions.

*lol* Once again I bow to general knowledge, But I think You get my point ;)

As for the Transformers, I took a number of them with me when I fled from Yugoslavia to Sweden... I liked them somuch they took up half of the one duffel bag we were allowed to bring with us...

Originally posted by Mav23
I cryed when Dinobot died on Beast Wars :(

DINOBOT!
---
Scorpinox: "Whats a warrior without his weapons?"
Dinobot: "A WARRIOR STILL!"
---
Dinobot: "I like to defeat my victims the old-fashioned way...BRUTALLY!"

[Edited by LeHah on 05-20-2001 at 22:39]

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
In the interim, the secret carrier sent into Kilrathi space was named Lexington... but no one really ever knew that it existed (and it was, of course, destroyed -- something that may have come out after the war when we had access to Kilrathi records... <snip> the best course of action would be to follow the plot of Armada's Gauntlet, in which the carriers destroy each other...
Um, if the carriers destroyed each other, I doubt it would be possible for the Kilrathi to have any records on it. And where in the gauntlet to the carriers destroy each other?

Originally posted by Mav23
I cried when Dinobot died on Beast Wars :(
Gotta admit, that episode was very moving... especially for a 'kids' show. Self-sacrifice and all that.

It's nice to have at least one character survive all games...
I found it great that Blair and Maniac were the only ones to feature in every main game. Pity neither of them will be in the next WC.

Originally posted by Ghost
Here in Argentina Cartoon Network put Beast Machines...
It isn´t so good
Had that on Fox Kids (Aus), now they're playing Beast Wars... but just the first season so far. Beast Machines looked nicer, but seemed a lot different from the good old days of 'traditional' Transformers.

Originally posted by Raptor
And don't even get me started on Megatron, who isn't a patch on the orignial.
Can't remember anything of the original, but David Kaye does a brilliant job of voicing Megatron. The Beast Wars Megatron is such a brilliant schemer...

I liked them so much they took up half of the one duffel bag we were allowed to bring with us...
Wow, you were fleeing for survival, and half your bag quota was toys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back