1) I don't have the time
2) Have nothing to say
3) Not online.

:)

[Edited by Meson on 05-23-2001 at 01:33]

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Meson
TC is a SubCrid of the LMG.

I was making a very obscure reference to the Wc4 novel, Meson. Paulson refuses to tell Blair Seether's rank but he calls him (Seether) "Mister", which is the title of a warrant officer, a special civilian rank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Bob McDob
The only reason I stopped posting every day is because I got off break. :)

Heh. Yep, real life does get in the way. I usually only get about 30m minutes or so a day to read this board and post.

Best, Raptor

Well because my life is so advantageously scheduled (I go to college from home currently, we are writing a big paper and so there are no lectures until the grad school introductory in July), and since the job I have on the side also is here, I work as a reader of talking books/narrator and read from my home studio, I am home 24/7... And my computer is always on, since I have a modem free connection. So I can pretty much post around the clock.

Bah I'm on the net every night checking how my shares have been doing or grabbing homework off my uni's website...

I don't own any shares... Laying my money to the wim of a hundred million unpredictable individuals seems about as safe for me as walking into a empty elevator shaft... There MIGHT just be an elevator right there if You close Your eyes and believe...

In a way I choose not to choose, in this case as well.

Some people call this cowardice. But exactly why do I have to confess colors and declare myself as belonging to a particular team? Ideas like this smack of preprogrammed primate group behavior. And we all know how much "fun" that has gotten us into in the past.

Some days I feel like a fascist, some days like a communist. (Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue...)

Politics is in my opinion not even a real "science" anyway. Which leads us to...

Most importantly in this day and age, there's no shame in having flexible and vaguely formulated political beliefs. (The "Gryphon variant of the Epimenides paradox": ANYONE who generalizes wildly is bound to be wrong a lot.)

Ask yourself: Am I a politician? No. Should I venture to theorize about, and adapt a rigid opinion on, complex systems of large masses of completely unpredictable thinking (well, mostly thinking) mammals? No. What's the point. The science simply isn't there yet. It's analogous to a stone age person theorizing about chemistry. He may get some things right, but mostly by accident. I envision current political/ economical theories being on the "me make fire, turn wood into coal" level. "Me lower taxes, turn interest rates into pumpkin."

The less flimsy parts of Politics blend into National Economics, which itself is not a hard science — pretty flimsy stuff, all of this. Like the joke goes:

"An economist is back in his old college town many years after graduation and decides to drop in on one of his old professors. He happens to see a copy of an exam sitting on the desk, so he picks it up to look at it. Upon deciding that it looks familiar, he comments to the professor that it is the same exam that he had taken 10 years ago. The professor assures him that this is correct, but adds that this time the answers are different."

I suppose the answer to most really deep and difficult political/economical questions can be reduced into "there's just too many people". We definitely need some more planets to screw up!

Originally posted by gryphon
I work as a reader of talking books/narrator and read from my home studio, I am home 24/7...

A truly noble job... now, any chance you can read us some Wing Commander novels <G>? I remember being very angry that Pilgrim Stars came out while I was blind...

No problem!

I'm already doing Narnia for a friend :)

Seriously, I don't think there should be any sort of problem in squeezing in a WC book in here, I'm not so busy now, so post any requests (with LOAFs permission) or email me at viper_delta@usa.net and we can discuss the matter subsequently :)

Happy gaming.

I think it would be really cool if we could get the Wing Commander novels done as a radio drama thing. Like NPR did with Star Wars back in 78 and 80, then again in 94. God those were so damned cool...

...And my God was Vader a 1000 times scarier...

Well... hehe, I can do different accents rather well, but I think I'd need a bit of a cast for that :)

By the way, rumor has it that I'm going to play the Admiral in Unknown Enemy. Look out for me there!

Alas, 'tis is the tragic tale of...aw, screw it.

Gryphon left. For good. At least, that's what he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back