mr kat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Kat is a card in the CCG, of a fuzzy little Kilrathi doll... Someone here, I forget who has it as a rank symbol...

Well, Cpl Hades it is then ;)

Anyway, the info is as follows:

Card Alliance: Confederation
Card type : Luck
Muster cost : 1
Card text : Good luck charm. Play to negate effects of opponent's luck or battle damage card.
Attack value : N/A
Support value : N/A
Maneuver value : N/A
Defense value : N/A
Extra value : N/A

Review :
I would say the best use of this card would be to negate one of the last luck or battle damage cards played during a combat phase. If you play it to early, you risk the enemy just counter-acting it with another battle damage card. You could keep it in your deck and use it to ruin someone's plans based around another luck card as well.
It's cheap, it's useful, it's Mr. Kat. Too bad rules only allow one of a certain Luck card per deck. Just remember to make sure you play it at the right time.

Rating : 9.0

As printed on the CIC's CCG reference sheet.

Mr. Kat originally appeared in Voices of War -- the hand-scribbled letter from the little kid (Graham?) said that he was sending his father (a Lexington crewman) his good luck stuffed animal, Mr. Kat. He was later a CCG 'luck' card.

(Of course, the Lexington crew didn't really suffer a spectacularly lucky fate...).

Which brings me to my next point.

Voices of war is a manual. But to what game? I thought it was Privateer, but Lex makes it sound like Armada...

ok, so theres a lexington in armada, wich is supposibly MIA, and then theres a lexington in WCIV? same ship or just another wich bears its name??

An entirely different ship... As far as I recall, the Lex in Armada is a one-off heavy carrier with extra equipment to set up mining stations and fighter plants etc...

The Lady Lex we see in WCIV is a Concordia Class fleet carrier, recently commissioned but nothing special...

Now here's my quabble. If a ship is only presumed to be MIA, and not certainly KIA, why assign its name to another ship? I mean suppose the Lex would jump into Sol tomorrow...

Also, in Victory Streak one of the squadrons who triumphed at the GCM competition was based on the TCS Lexington... Since VS is written in 2669.220 and for other reasons I will disregard this as being the Armada Lexington... So is it the WCIV Lex, or was there a ship inbetween? And if there was, how in the MrKat did they fit all three into such a short period of time?

I guess Lexington is such a cool name they want to have one in every game... And well, we've had 3 Lex's in 3 games, so they did it very well...

I still like Cadfael's TCS Halloween :)

The Lexington in Wing Commander IV (CV-44) is actually *older* than the Lexington in Armada (CV-133b)...

CV-44 was a Concordia class ship destroyed at the Battle of Terra -- her innards were completely burnt out. Confed took the hull and re-built her... and she returned to service after the war. In the interim, the secret carrier sent into Kilrathi space was named Lexington... but no one really ever knew that it existed (and it was, of course, destroyed -- something that may have come out after the war when we had access to Kilrathi records...).

Good point. It couldn't have taken too long to rebuilt if its got a working fighter squad the next year! (Considering ConFed has notoriously long downtimes and build times, something that I still disagree with...considering there's SO many systems on the other side of ConFed untouched by Kilrathi...)

Where did you get that info from LOAF? Made it up or in the novels? Sounds reasonable except that it doesn't fit with the squadron detail...

Unless the results are from last year, or the squadron survived the destruction of the Lex...

All this information is from the WC4 novel and Voices of War. Presumably the squadron off the Lexington in Victory Streak is one that survived the Battle of Terra -- and is still officially attached to her (and thus, had the time to go fly in a competition rather than fight at the front <G>).

the lack of an more information about the Armada lex suggests that either the lex still exists, or the kats didnt destroy it, after all no mention is made in the WCP manual, if i remember correctly the history section makes no mention when talking about the lex, of the kats destroying it

furthermore if the lex did jump insys to sol tomorrow, then wed be worried as it would be 500 years early and the wc4 lexx had been destroyed so it wouldnt matter

[Edited by madman on 05-18-2001 at 08:50]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back