mr kat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, though, that the WCP manual doesn't *have* a history section... according to Victory Streak, the 'Lex is MIA -- the best course of action would be to follow the plot of Armada's Gauntlet, in which the carriers destroy eachother...

Well, nothing is actually known about that Armada Lex, it went in and is either dead or still doing its thing somewhere... However the fact that the war has been over for 12 years (as of Prophecy) and still no returning Lex suggests the former... But hey, maybe they lost their jump drive, or accidentally ended up in the Delta Quadrant :)

The reason for this uncertainty is because Armada was such a personally played game, it had no cantral plotline one can reproduce in a book, I mean no two campaigns were ever the same... So they can't "pick" one at random...

Not so -- the 'Gauntlet' was a set series of set missions for each side... that included a running story through several systems... with things like traitors and wingmen and all that normal Wing Commander stuff.

Oh, well I only played Armada twice and then I always went for the entire planet builer thing... Which I always assumed to be the "official" MO of the Lexington, since it is the most complex of the gaming scenarios... but once again, it shows how new I am to these games :)

I agree, but where and if the Lex gets killed is not mapped, nor is any particular sequence of operations withing the Sector... Basically, I would love for there to ba novel in between AS and WC1 to explain the Navy/Space Force thing, and for one to be about Armada, I really want to know more about what happened to the Lexington, it seems such a heroic storyline (although it is possible the novel would come out looking too much like End Run)...

In any case, I sure wish I knew more about that game. I know there are online versions of Claw Marks, the WC2 Manual, and even Victory Streak, and also a very well done site about Privateer... Anything like that about Armada?

Actually, the system where it's killed is given in the Gauntlet <G> Although another novel would be nice -- it *sounds* like Telep tried to explain some of that in Pilgrim truth...

I can put up Voices of War for download later, or if you want I can answer any Armada questions while I'm at work...

You do not need to put it up, LOAF :).

Gryphon, VoW is already up - just a matter of searching the news archives :).

Gee... thanks. Now I'll just go ahead and do that. *mutter mutter*

Edit: Oh, there was a search function :)

I thought I'd have to sift through everything manually. Thanks!

[Edited by gryphon on 05-18-2001 at 13:13]

OK. I just read little Graham's letter and believe it or not I am actually crying here. For real. Damn, I wasn't prepared for this...

I seem to remember something somewhere, possibly in Pheonix Station's timeline, that the Lex carried Angel's special ops squad, which was later captured when the Lex was destroyed.

I don't think that would be correct...

I mean, sure, the Lex was sent on a covert mission to Kilrah, but it was a huge heavy carrier which blasted and mined its way there...

I think if You're going to get close enough to actually be able to establish two covert bases in the Kilrah system, You'd better use a small, cloaked ship, or at least something less conspicuous than a carrier which destroys all Kilrathi forces encountered (they don't call it ARMADA for nothing) and leaves a trail of stripmined asteroids... I think Angel and co were delivered a bit more covertly than that.

Yeah yeah, I know... I just presented my theory so You could agree with it or broadside it... either way I'd like to know what You think.

Originally posted by gryphon
OK. I just read little Graham's letter and believe it or not I am actually crying here. For real. Damn, I wasn't prepared for this...

I don't cry at anything, but it is pretty depressing, isn't it?

"I think you must be really scared, so I am mayling you my stufed good luk kat. Plees bring him home wen your thru fiting. We luv you a lot DADDY!!!"

Especially considering Daddy ain't coming home.

[Edited by Dralthi5 on 05-18-2001 at 17:49]

Man, I don't know what got into me but I read it and it was just so sad and I just let're rip, I guess... jesus, and to think how many people have actually gotten letters like that and never come back... Sometimes I really hate being alive and knowing about all this.

man that was crazy.. i broke up too. its just a sad thought you know, well.. nuf of me, think what you guys want but it really made me sad for awhile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back