mr kat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said earlier... Someone at Origin really knows how to work it to make us laugh, hate and cry... And that is testament to the immortality of WC.

The funniest moment I ever had in WC was when Maniac (who else) touched the helm of the Intrepid and then turned around and said "Who did that?!!?"

*lol* Gets me every time...

Another classic...

"Whoosh!"

"Is it me?!"

*ponders* "Yes!"

But then again... I was afraid of Bugfoot and the hendersons so what do I know.

Personally I think it gets too much with both of them... Like Dallas and Doomsday on the same ship, You know? But separately they make the games enjoyable... I think Maniac became a deeper character over the years, darker... I sense that WC1SM1 tinge of tragic madness in him in WCP...

Maestro is still struggling to assert himself as a total wacko, so he's funnier in WCP...

yeah, he was kind of a downer in the cut-scenes, but he was pretty funny in the inflight comms:)

Maniac. Always funny, always patronizing. Always insubordinate. I am glad we got rid of him on the Cerberus...

Yeah, but temporarily, Casey got rid of him... Maniac never got anywhere, but we got rid of him, You know? Back to language 101 *lol* LOAF posted, I think it was this very thread that it should be renamed Language 101...

I thought Maniac added a twist to the series. Yes, a bit insubordinate, but the character added some fun and quite a few laughs! Just about every scene with Maniac in the FMV games made fun of him or he would end up making himself look like a fool! Good funny stuff!

RFB

Originally posted by gryphon
Yeah, but temporarily, Casey got rid of him... Maniac never got anywhere, but we got rid of him, You know? Back to language 101 *lol* LOAF posted, I think it was this very thread that it should be renamed Language 101...

Oh ok I posted the same thing in the shipnames thread, how it should have been named Language lesson 101 :)
RFB

[Edited by RFBurns on 05-18-2001 at 21:12]

Originally posted by gryphon

How did Casey "get rid of them"? Do you mean that "WC: The Next Generation" has abondoned Maniac?

Well... They didn't get rid of him, or kill hi, but they WERE rid of him... I don't think hes very liked among the younger crew... I know I'd stick my pilgrim knife between his shoulderblades if he ever pulled that plebe smell stunt on me... But then again I'd also be flying fighters against huge bugs from a two mile carrier *lol*

if you follow the "perfect path", Casey and Maniac seem to start to respect each other though...

Respect... Is not the same thing as affection. That special, Brother in Arms bond exists between them but they're not friends... Besides, the Cerberus clown spot was taken ;)

hey, don't be dissin' the Maniac, he's cool, and I'm sure eventually Casey and Maniac did/will become friends, so there :)

Well if there's time, I'm sure they will... It's nice to have at least one character survive all games...

Maniac is the only one, right? The only person from WC1 who is still around after Prophecy? Well, not counting Taggart, we all know where he went...

That goes to show how tragic it is...

too bad you SEE no trace of Paladin in WCP or WCSO. You HEAR from him in the manuals though.

the first time, I didn't count the second time, he could of survived! And he was just a clone... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back