movie question

They BOTH are attractive women that would be wonderful to have a... thing with. (But i am a Panther man)

Yeah, uptight isn't quite the right word. "school kid" brings up a thought, not only does taste differ, but so does age. Sosa looks like someone you'd meet at a university mixer. Panther on the other hand looks a bit older.

Sorry! I in no way meant to imply they were objects:) We would be so lucky if they paid us the slightest bit of attention. Well actually in my case it would be justified but thats neither here nor there :)

I never let maniac die, because he is never on my wing by my choise.
Besides, why spoil the fun of the other pilots :)

LOl Dragon!

You can't let Maniac die! You would never witness some of that "Maniac magic" again... :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
EW, stop calling the people stupid.
Ah, but my good sir, Earthworm didn't call anyone stupid (at least not recently).:)

***so we know that it is *not* the same type of Skipper being tested in Wing Commander III. (Note Eisen's line... the Kilrathi were tested a *new* type of cloaked missile... no indication that it was the *first* type of cloaked missile).***

I can't belive how many times I've said the same thing, no one seems to listen though...

Right EW :rolleyes:
Anyway I am just happy because I have now seen a WCATV episode (3), now I just need to see if Admiral B something wanted Blair or not.....

Originally posted by Earthworm
Ah, but my good sir, Earthworm didn't call anyone stupid (at least not recently).:)

Are you calling me stupid:)?

I can't belive how many times I've said the same thing, no one seems to listen though...

That's because you're a General... and I'm a Baron! The Baron, even, if the press is to be believed.

True, LOAF convince me (in part, I dont belive that the Maverick team had that in mind when they made the WC II manual) on the cloaked Missile.

I think there were mor cloaked missiles before the skipper. When you say new, there has to something old...

I was amazed at the line "Instead of destroying the WC2 plot, it actually enhances it" (or so) concerning the WCATV episode "Invisible Enemy". I found it destroyed the plot indeed. I know that the fighter in WCATV was not invisible but undetectable (and hard to spot due to its black hull) but still the Confederation should have known now that the Kilrathi can make objects disappear from radar (besides by blowing up). And Maniac and Tolwyn knew that. Why do they dismiss Blair's story so violantly in WC2 ?

The only thing I found 'enhancing' about the episode was the fact that we see Tolwyn's strange vehement denial that the Kilrathi have cloaked fighters -- this shows up in SWC and WC2... it's an indicator that he *does* know that stealth fighters exist, but refuses to admit it (which is how it enhances WC2).

Technology wise, the WCA episode is completely different from the WC2 cloaking device -- it simply takes a ship off radar... like modern day stealth aircraft. The idea that they can make a ship disappear to the naked eye is a completely different concept -- and certainly one that sounds more rediculous...

Hmm, I never realized Tolwyn was so stupid. :)

And concerning the stealth technology: this is just what I said. But it should be clear for Confed that their ships could be destroyed with no enemy appaering on the radar. And it was hard to spot those WCATV stealth fighters due to their black hull so they should have considered the possibility that one of the squadrons missed with its naked eyes those fighters and they got to the Claw.
Did they want to have a scapegoat? But why then take one of Confed's heroes?

Hmm, well, remember that Tolwyn was really the only Confed officer of any significance that knew about the stealth fighter in WCA. During the Tiger's Claw disaster, he was there in K'tithrak Mang onboard the Austin. We could indeed assume that he was in charge of the whole operation. If he accepted the stealth fighter story, it would have been his career going out the door.
Think about it - he didn't inform anyone about a confirmed sighting of a Kilrathi secret weapon, which is then used to destroy a carrier under his command (or at least in his vicinity). Whether or not a warning to Confed HQ about stealth fighters would have really been enough to avert the disaster, you can bet that Tolwyn would be presumed guilty by most people no matter what the board of inquiry found (much like Blair was).

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
That's because you're a General... and I'm a Baron! The Baron, even, if the press is to be believed.

Hmmm... I usually equate The Baron with a floating, maniacal pervert on Giedi Prime. ;)

Originally posted by Quarto
Hmm, well, remember that Tolwyn was really the only Confed officer of any significance that knew about the stealth fighter in WCA. During the Tiger's Claw disaster, he was there in K'tithrak Mang onboard the Austin. We could indeed assume that he was in charge of the whole operation. If he accepted the stealth fighter story, it would have been his career going out the door.
Think about it - he didn't inform anyone about a confirmed sighting of a Kilrathi secret weapon, which is then used to destroy a carrier under his command (or at least in his vicinity). Whether or not a warning to Confed HQ about stealth fighters would have really been enough to avert the disaster, you can bet that Tolwyn would be presumed guilty by most people no matter what the board of inquiry found (much like Blair was).
Yes, that makes sense. And it is very Tolwyn-like.( Although I always had problems taking the novel Tolwyn (when Bear appaers) as the same from the games.)

Back