movie question

There are so many inconsistancies between the games, movie, novels, manuals, and just about everything else its hard to say which one is authentic. I would just go with the flow and follow the masses!

RFBurns

You'll always find inconsistencies in franchises with a history and background as rich as Wing Commander.

Like Star Trek. How did Khan recognize Pavel in ST2 if Checkov wasn't even on the Enterprise for "Space Seed"?

Even the all-mighty Star Wars isn't infallible. Take the character of Wilhuff Tarkin. Apparently, according to official sources, he was Lt. Governor of Eriadu, then strangely was a Commander in the Republic Navy a mere three year later, only to be a governor again by the time of A New Hope.

These things don't always fit together as we'd like, but it's always fun seeing what we can fit together.

Hmmm... Why did I feel the need to reply to this with such a long post? ;)

... because you're a Wingnut Dralthi5... :)

And believe me wcwraith, if you read the novels, you haven't finished hearing about incosistencies...

yes, besides the Tiger Claw can be explained.
It goes like this, after being in the TCS Tiger´s Claw he is transfered to the TCS Tiger Claw, the movie takes place bettew sm 1.2 and sm 2.
the TCS Tiger Claw is just a tranport recommissioned and refit as light carrier that have very old Fighters.

yes, it a joke (blair and maniac are fresh out of the TCSN academy and its their first assigment).
The movie says a lot of funny thing...

Just a point but Tarkin was a Grand Moff, Moff's controled sectors and a Grand Moff is a direct subordinant to the Emporer himself.

Yeesh, I can't seem to get my thoughts straight today. Never mind. ;)

[Edited by Dralthi5 on 03-06-2001 at 15:58]

Originally posted by Dragon
The movie says a lot of funny things...

For me, fun turned into frustration after a while... :mad:

But hey, let's give the movie a break... :)

I believe the game vs movie issue will never end, and even some die-hard fans are willing to forget the existence of the whole movie and Pilgrim stuffs.

In my personal view, it's pretty hard to integrate the movie storyline with the previous one we've played and read. But then the movie itself is pretty much unique and quite a value to be neglected just like that.

Solution: Why not consider the movie an entire different universe or continiuum. But guess what, some people (like my cousin) believes that the movie version of WC was actually the WC Chris Roberts envisioned. Say, the intensement of the battle, the stress of war... the Kilrathi. Weren't those the way Roberts wanted them to be?

One problem...Cats have hair.

However, I DID like the cats without the hair as well, but still, you have to have hair on 'furballs'.

After all, we are "furrrrrrrrless frrreaks."

Exactly redwolf!!

In the movie, all those insults from the games ("furball", "furrrless frreaks"...) don't work anymore, except "Cats", "apes", and "Here kitty, kitty"... :)

What? I am confused: Why do the insults like Cats and Here kitty,kitty still work? The movie Kilrathi looked not at all like cats.
Or did I miss the joke (again)?

Of course the Kilrathi looked like Cats in the movie!!
Just REALLY UGLY SIAMESE-like FURLESS CATS...

How do they use insults in German in the novels BTW?
"Katzen"? What else?

Back